Clinical Education Center Coordinator
- Schreiner University
- Kerrville, Texas
- Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Nursing, Other Health & Medicine, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Student Affairs, Health Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The BSN Program at Schreiner University is seeking a Clinical Education Center Coordinator. This role is essential in maintaining and creating new community connections in Kerrville and the Greater San Antonio area. The CEC Coordinator supports faculty with the arrangement of clinical experiences at our contracted facilities and of simulations in our lab. Additionally, student retention is a function of the role, requiring the meeting with and support of students as they progress through the nursing program.
The successful candidate will have healthcare education and experience that includes direct patient care, excellent communication skills, and be proficient in organization and management of equipment, supplies, and time. This is a 10-month position which reports to the Director of the BSN Program.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Associates Degree is required, Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Clinical experience in a patient-care setting.
- Records demonstrating up to date immunization.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate well with others of diverse academic, ethnic, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds including student with disabilities.
- Adapts well to frequent process improvements and program changes.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Competent in adult teaching methodologies reflected in simulations
- Knowledge of Texas BON, AACN, SACS COC accreditation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Previous experience with an online Learning Management System such as Canvas, Moodle, Blackboard.
- Certification in simulation preferred.
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Schreiner University is a uniquely Texan, Hispanic-serving institution. We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and are strongly and actively committed to diversity within our community.
In addition to the online application, applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, teaching philosophy, the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references, and other support materials such as teaching evaluations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials that cannot be submitted electronically may be mailed to:
2100 Memorial Blvd
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert