Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies Lecturer
- Auburn University
- Alabama, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Public Administration & Policy, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Home Economics & Consumer Sciences
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies Lecturer
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Position: Lecturer, non-tenure track, nine-month appointment
Start Date: Position is available with start date of August 16, 2023.
- Contribute through teaching and service to both the Financial Planning Certificate and the Bachelor of Science in Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies.
- Teach lecture and seminar courses in the following areas: Financial wellness/wealth management; Consumer/family financial planning and resource management; Consumer spending, saving, and philanthropic behaviors.
- Provide leadership to the new Financial Planning Certificate and prepare application to register the program with the Certified Financial Planner ( CFP ) Board.
- Participate in undergraduate student advising and mentoring.
- Provide service to the department and college.
- Be involved in relevant professional associations and entities.
The B.S. in Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies ( PNPS ) uniquely integrates personal financial planning/wealth management with philanthropic endeavors and nonprofit organizations. A PNPS Minor has drawn students from across campus since 2011 and the new Financial Planning Certificate will prepare and qualify students to sit for the post-graduation certification exam to become a Certified Financial Planner®. The Cary Center for the Advancement of Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies, a well-established academic center in the College of Human Sciences, is affiliated with the Department, which offer tremendous outreach opportunities.
Auburn University, a R1 land-grant institution with 30,000 students, is located in the east Alabama city of Auburn, and has consistently been ranked by US News and World Report as one of the top 50 public universities in the United States. For more information please see http://humsci.auburn.edu/cads/ and http://www.auburn.edu/academic/provost/facultyjobs/ . Auburn University is understanding and sensitive to the needs of faculty, including dual-career couples.
- Graduate degree in financial planning (or a related discipline) from a regionally accredited college or university at the time employment begins.
- Must be fluent in English and must possess excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
Certified Financial Planner ( CFP ); PhD. in Personal Financial Planning, Consumer Sciences, Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies, or related field; experience with, or exposure to nonprofit or philanthropic organizations; experience with CFP Board Registered Programs; teaching experience with documented evaluations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Apply on-line using the link: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/34850 . Provide application letter, complete CV, transcripts from all universities attended, statement of teaching philosophy; evidence of teaching effectiveness; diversity statement; and three professional references with names, email addresses, and phone numbers. Only complete application materials will be considered. Review of applications will begin on February 20, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled. For more information, please contact:
Peter Weber, Search Committee Chair email@example.com /(334) 844-6457
Posting Detail Information
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Open Until Filled
References required for this position?
If yes, minimum number requested
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting (auemployment.com site)
- Academic Conference
- Agency Referral
- Internal Job Posting
- Personal Referral
- Veterans Assistance Services (Veteran Job Boards, Military Base Services, State Vet Rep, etc.)
- Disability Assistance Services (Disability Job Boards, ABLE Network, Voc-Rehab referral, etc.)
- * Please enter the specifics of the option you selected
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Student/Teacher/Course Evaluations/Effectiveness
- Diversity Statement
- Other Documentation
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert