Associate Professor Engineering Technology / Engineering (Mechanical Emphasis)
- San Joaquin Delta College
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Engineering, Other Science & Technology, Physics & Space Sciences
- Employment Type
- Full Time
San Joaquin Delta Community College District is seeking a Full-Time Tenure Track faculty member in Engineering Technology / Engineering with Mechanical Emphasis. The ideal candidate will share in the college's commitment to educating a racially and socioeconomically diverse student population.
San Joaquin Delta Community College District, as part of our Vision, “promotes a climate of respect and authentic engagement. We are culturally responsive to the needs of our diverse student body. We strive to increase and sustain equitable outcomes for all students. We recruit and retain quality employees who are reflective of our students and the community we serve, in addition to providing all personnel with equity and diversity training.”
San Joaquin Delta College is a proud Chicanx/Latinx and Hispanic-Serving Institution, Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution, and Minority Serving Institution, serving over 25,000 students primarily in the California Central Valley. The student population is as follows by ethnicity: Latinx (48.36%), Asian/Filipino/Pacific Islander (20.57%), White (16.31%), Black/African American (7.63%), American Indian (0.29%), two or more races (5.43%) and unknown (1.41%). Further student demographic data (including disaggregated data) can be found at this link: https://deltacollege.edu/sites/default/files/ire/ire_ipr-dashboard.html
San Joaquin Delta College works to create an inclusive environment that provides a safe-haven regardless of citizenship status for international, immigrant, undocumented, AB540 eligible, formerly and currently incarcerated, veteran, re-entry, LGBTQIA+ students and students of various learning styles.
Under the general supervision of the assigned TrAC Dean, the Professor will teach classes in Engineering Technology / Engineering (Mechanical Emphasis). The successful candidate will provide evidence of knowledge and understanding of the racial, socioeconomic, and academic diversity within community college populations; the candidate also will show knowledge and understanding of how these factors relate to the need for equity-minded and culturally-responsive practices in the community college setting.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct and organize classes at the instructional level to meet the educational requirements stated in the course description and the course information outlines.
- Advise and assist students in achieving stated course objectives and student learning outcomes.
- Evaluate the progress of each student; connect students to appropriate campus-support services.
- Participate in the evaluation of course offerings, including the revision of course descriptions and course outlines that reflect a culturally-responsive pedagogy.
- Select textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials that support the learning environment and are reflective of the college's mission of equity-minded education.
- Maintain currency in your field.
- Maintain necessary records of student enrollment, attendance, progress, and grades; prepare and submit required reports to the administration.
- Report to management any condition that might jeopardize the health or safety of students or the public.
- Be familiar with and act in accordance with the Education Code and San Joaquin Delta Community College District policies and procedures.
- Participate in departmental, divisional, advisory, and campus-wide committees as part of the shared-governance process and service area needs of the District.
- Maintain office hours for students and participate in additional service hours/activities that benefit the student, college, or community.
- Plan and complete approved professional development flex activities each semester/year.
- Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review, curriculum modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with the college to promote student equity and success.
- Provide guidance and direction to Readers, as needed.
- Perform other necessary duties as specified in the faculty contract and outlined in Board Policy.
Master’s in any field of engineering technology or engineering
Bachelor’s degree in either of the above AND Master’s degree in physics, mathematics, computer science, biological science or chemistry,
Bachelor’s degree in industrial technology, engineering technology or engineering AND A professional engineer’s license
OR the equivalent
- Demonstrated sensitivity to race, ethnicity, color, religious creed, sex, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal legal system, or any other biases prohibited by law.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to different student abilities, learning styles, cultures, and groups mentioned above.
- Demonstrated experience teaching in a variety of settings, including but not limited to online, dual enrollment, and large lectures. A willingness to develop and utilize instructional materials, including lectures and labs for multiple modalities.
- Ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques (lecture and labs) and equipment such as multimedia hardware, current applications, learning management systems, and online instructional strategies.
- Experience in the Mechanical Engineering or manufacturing field.
- Experience with two- and three-dimensional software like AutoCAD in accordance with the ASME dimensioning standards.
- Knowledge of the required steps for designing lighting, plumbing and mechanical systems in accordance with the Uniform Building Codes, ICBO Codes and CBC Codes.
- Ability to use a reflected light microscope to examine the microstructure of materials.
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances (GDT)
- Salary rates listed reflect the 2023/2024 academic year.
- Maximum starting salary is $117,978 annually.
- All faculty positions are on a 10-month calendar.
- Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
- Please review your application and documents for completeness BEFORE submitting your application. Once your application is submitted, revisions after submission will NOT be considered.
- Locations: Stockton and South Campus at Mountain House
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert