Facilities Project Manager (I/II)
- Auburn University
- Alabama, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Home Org Name
Planning Design and Construction SC
Assoc Vice President Facilities
Facilities Project Manager (I/II)
Job Class Code
Limited Term Length
The Facilities Project Manager provides construction management support and oversight of project scopes, budgets, contracts, design, bidding, construction compliance with codes and contracts, and day-to-day operational and tactical aspects associated with various projects and facilities.
- Coordinates and directs projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Reviews, and implements project budgets, bids, contracts, and schedules.
- Manages construction progress including ensuring that procedures and materials comply with specifications; observing work in progress; and performing physical inspections to assure timeliness, conformance with requirements, and acceptable workmanship.
- Performs administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Manages the services of architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Coordinates with project team to continually monitor cost and time management, keeping current summaries of actual and projected expenditures, and apportioning the budget to the appropriate project components.
- Develops and implement policies, standards, and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed on the various projects and facilities.
- Identifies problems and deficiencies in design and implementation and recommends and/or implements solutions with appropriate persons or groups.
- May be responsible for meeting and maintaining training and certification requirements as outlined by the applicable department’s training and credentialing requirements.
It’s a Lifestyle: The Auburn/Opelika area is a page right out of Southern Living magazine with an idyllic small-town feel, perfecting a unique balance between a close-knit community and driving consistent growth and development. Paralleling the exponential growth of Auburn University, the Auburn/Opelika area boasts services and amenities that cater to any interest. We’re proud of our top school systems, city services, award-winning restaurants, and the infectious spirit of life in a college town. You can find us nestled halfway between the beach and the mountains in a lower-cost-of-living area, two hours outside of Atlanta or Birmingham. If you’re new to Auburn, we’d love to introduce you. If you’re already acquainted with Auburn, we’ll keep it simple: it’s time to come home!
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
Level I Bachelor’s Degree in Building Science, Architecture, Engineering, or related field appropriate to position with no years experience.
Level II Bachelor’s Degree in Building Science, Architecture, Engineering, or related field appropriate to position plus 4 years experience in construction project administration.
Substitutions allowed for Experience:
When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.
Certification or Licensure Requirements:
Valid Driver’s License
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Level I: Under immediate supervision, performs standard tasks using established methods, principles, concepts and procedures related to a specialized field. Judgments are made on routine matters of relatively small impact. Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization.
Level II: Under close supervision, performs varied duties and assignments involving some judgment. Resolves routine questions or problems, referring only complex issues to higher level. Some evaluation, originality and ingenuity required. Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization, with awareness of related fields.
Minimum Technology Skills
Minimum License and Certifications
Valid Driver’s License
Posting Detail Information
Working Hours if Non-Traditional
City position is located in:
State position is located:
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Only completed applications will be considered, so please provide all requested information in each section. This should include all employment history and required application documents.
- If required, be sure to attach cover letter and resume.
- Please include a copy of any required or relevant certifications/licenses in the “Other Documents” section.
- Please answer all supplemental questions completely and accurately.
- Reference providers should be individuals who can attest to your qualifications for a position. Examples include supervisors, coworkers, and professors. Personal References will not be accepted.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity.
Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly (www.auemployment.com)
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited
institution in Building Science, Architecture, Engineering, or
- * Do you have a minimum of two (2) years' experience in
construction project administration OR a degree from an accredited
institution to use in lieu of experience?
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert