Adult Education Coordinator
- Baker College
- Michigan, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Other Education, Special Education, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Other Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Disabled Student Services
- Employment Type
- Part Time
The responsibility of the Adult Education Coordinator is to coordinate the adult education program as set by the Director and partner administrations. Enroll students and aid them toward the goal of attaining a diploma or GED. To assist students in choosing post-secondary training and education opportunities.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Enroll students.
- Inform prospective customers of the mission of the program and determine if the program can meet their needs.
- Test and educate students in the areas of need.
- Evaluate transcripts and assist students in choosing classes which will be suitable for their graduation requirements and their personal abilities.
- Refer students to outside agencies when a warrant is needed.
- Make available to students, visitations by college and military representatives.
- Ensure the safety of students during the school day.
- Enable students to realize their potential both academically and socially.
The newly appointed President of Baker College invites dynamic, thoughtful, and innovative leaders to join the Baker College team. The new President’s vision is ambitious, forward-thinking, and dedicated to a Student-First philosophy.
Established in 1911, Baker College is an independent non-profit college in the state of Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Baker College believes in cultivating a culture of valuing employees and maintaining a progressive brand as an employer. They are committed to build organizational capacity through a diverse, talented, high performing and engaged workforce.
They have the honor, opportunity, and responsibility of changing lives through education and are in the business of helping people achieve their dreams. They accomplish this by taking care and pride in everything that they say and do and by having commitment to processes, procedures and personal interactions that measure up to the highest standards.
Baker College serves students through campuses located throughout Michigan and online, including the newest flagship campus in Royal Oak. Baker College is fully accredited and offers many programs in the fastest growing fields, such as business, health science, nursing, and IT with convenient scheduling and 24/7 accessibility online.
Please visit Baker College Careers Page for more information.
Our College strives to be exemplars in the practice of diversity, equity, and inclusion by working in communion with multiple levels of professional representation throughout our college system. We are committed to our initiatives to fully understand how we can advance our levels of diversity, equity, and inclusion and create a culture that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Baker College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
Please visit our DEI Page to learn more about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Baker College.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university required; education or educational administration preferred
- Prefer experience in Adult Educational programs as both faculty and administration. • Must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be organized, able to manage multiple responsibilities and priorities.
- Must possess excellent human relations skills and be able work in a team environment.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must possess a valid State of Michigan Driver's License
- Must possess K-12 Education Certification
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert