Director of Strategy - University Communications & Marketing
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
Carnegie Mellon University is a private, global research university that challenges the curious and passionate to deliver work that matters. Our world-class institution has distinctive areas of excellence and a culture marked by ambition and a deep, practical engagement with challenges facing society. We continue to produce talented alumni and draw faculty and staff eager to be a part of the university's creative, dedicated and close-knit community. We place emphasis on practical problem solving, interdisciplinary learning, an entrepreneurial spirit, and collaboration.
The Director of Strategy is a newly established role inside the Division of University Communications and Marketing reporting to the Associate Vice President of Marketing. The Director of Strategy leads a team managing paid media and analytics insights, guiding paid media strategy and benchmarking efforts.
The Director is responsible for establishing and coordinating measurement of key performance indicators (KPI) in earned, owned and paid media for university marketing and communications activities in addition to implementing effective marketing strategies to advance CMU’s brand nationally. This role leads the University’s paid media plans and implementation of paid digital media strategy. The successful candidate will have experience with leading data-driven marketing strategy, use of platforms to optimize the brand position, search engine optimization, and sophisticated digital advertising and outreach.
The Director will develop and evolve UCM’s digital marketing standards, strategies, policies and cross- collaborative processes across the university, in collaboration with relevant collaborators, and drive adoption within the university marketing and communications community.
You should demonstrate:
- Ability to do controlled experiments for marketing and engagement purposes
- Ability to create data reports and find trends and communicate those effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and growing environment
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Ability to effectively communicate with individual at all levels both internally and externally
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Nuanced understanding of digital experience technologies from both marketer and consumer point of view, with awareness of developing trends and IT solutions
Adaptability, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within University Communications and Marketing. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of diverse audiences. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8 years of applied experience in digital marketing strategy leading with management/team leadership experience
- A channel-savvy marketer with experience maximizing audience reach and engagement using modern, multichannel and integrated approaches
- Budgeting, Forecasting, Analyzing and Tracking Goals; develops budgets to support strategic objectives and plans
- Proficiency with Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics UA and GA4, Data Studio and or similar applications
- knowledge of the digital process and strategy as well as marketing and advertising (DSPs, OTT, Measurement platforms including Google Analytics and Site Improve along with dashboarding tools)
- Proficiency with analytics tools such as Google Optimize, Optimizely, Visual Web Optimizer, Hotjar, SEMrush. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS and a working knowledge of the implementation and limitations of analytic tools implementation in university websites.
- Successful background investigation
Are you interested in this new exciting opportunity? Apply today!
CMU’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Staff and faculty must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Please see Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus for details regarding the university’s current COVID-19 mitigation requirements.
Staff – Regular
Full Time/Part time
- Please visit “ Why Carnegie Mellon ” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran .
- Statement of Assurance
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert