- University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Real Estate and Construction (Ref.: 519152)
We now invite applications for the Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Real Estate and Construction. The Department enjoys a world-class reputation for its research and teaching in real estate and construction fields. Under the QS University Rankings 2022, it is ranked in the 14th position in the subject of Built Environment globally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The appointee will work on a project related to urban entrepreneurship.
- The appointee will employ mathematical modelling skills to specify the relationship between start-ups, developers, and planners under a framework of spatial equilibrium.
- The appointee will coordinate data collection and analysis.
- The appointee will assist in the preparation of reports.
- a Ph.D. degree in applied mathematics, urban economics, data science or related subjects from a world leading university.
- Applicants should have a research background in mathematical and computational modelling.
- Preference will be given to the applicants with specialised skills in calculus, spatial equilibrium model, and equilibrium sorting model.
- Applicants with an outstanding track record of publications and research project experience will be an advantage.
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a temporary basis for one year, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability. A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post(s). Applicants should apply online at the University’s Careers site ( https://jobs.hku.hk ) and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The appointee will join a multidisciplinary team led by Prof. Kelvin Wong, Dr. Alex Shi, and Dr. Jintao Ke. Prof. Wong is the Head of Department of Real Estate and Construction and a leading scholar in real estate economics; Dr. Shi is an Assistant Professor in urban economics from Department of Real Estate and Construction; Dr. Ke is an Assistant Professor in transportation engineering from the Department of Civil Engineering. If you have any enquiry about the post, please contact Dr. Shi via email@example.com .
The University is an equal opportunities employer and
is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity and transparency
Advertised: Feb 2, 2023 (HK Time)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert