Ensures that the weight room is a safe and clean place to train;
monitors access of students, faculty, staff and guests; provides
supervision to patrons by enforcing weight room policies, safety
and etiquette practices.
Degree of Independent Action Performed
- Greets incoming public and instructs the public on the proper
use of the weight machines and exercise equipment.
- Monitors the weight room/exercise areas as required.
- Enforces the rules and regulations of the facilities for the
safety and welfare of staff and participants.
- Cleans and maintains the exercise equipment.
- Assists with room set up and teardowns.
- Conducts and assists in facility inspection.
- Cleans weight room, maintains neatness and organization, and
keeps supplies stocked.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- Reports any safety hazards or problems with equipment to
Incumbent is expected to work with a high level of independence and
autonomy, and exercise a high degree of initiative, influence, and
judgment in decisions impacting staff and department
Expected to solve problems or address issues that require immediate
Internal & External Contacts
Frequent contact with students, Dean of Students office, PEA
administrative and academic offices, faculty, coaches, and staff.
External contacts may include parents, outside organizations,
visitors and local community neighbors.
- High school diploma or GED.
- CPR and first aid required.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an
orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in
all aspects of Academy life.
- 1 – 3 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Participation in a weight training class desired.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of weight training and exercise
- Friendly and helpful demeanor.
- Ability to instruct public on proper use of the weight machines
and exercise equipment.
- Knowledge of safety regulations for equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and
maintain collegial relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a
strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- W illingness and ability to learn additional applications as
- H igh degree of organizational skills with the ability to be
flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a
professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including