Imaging Sciences Instructor
- University of Arkansas at Fort Smith
- Arkansas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated).
To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:Faculty - Non-Tenure
Institution Name: University of Arkansas at Fort Smith
The University of Arkansas - Fort Smith is a vibrant mid-sized public university dedicated to breaking the higher education mold by bringing truly transformative, hands-on experiences to every student. From high school seniors to senior professionals, first-generation students to second-chancers, our goal is to provide a high-quality, future-focused education that honors each student's unique, personal situations and goals. Our tiered approach to learning offers students access to more than 80-degree plans and programs including certificate, associate, bachelor's, and master's degrees. We seek to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse population of Arkansas, to maintain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, and perspectives.
Located on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border and situated in a region of lakes, Fort Smith is the second-largest city in Arkansas and features a vast array of cultural activities, shopping, dining, and entertainment, including a thriving downtown entertainment district. Parks, trails, and water recreation are all within the city limits, and true outdoor enthusiasts will find the area’s lakes, streams, and mountains offer adventure only minutes away from campus. Fort Smith was recently named by Forbes as the number one city in America for the cost of living, and a top city in the nation for the highest-paying tech jobs. The city is within easy driving distance of Tulsa, Kansas City, Dallas, Little Rock, and Memphis.
Thank you for your interest in joining our university. Below you will find details for the position including any supplementary documentation and/or questions you should review before submitting your application. For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at (479) 788-7080.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process please contact Human Resources at 479-788-7080. Applicants are required to submit a request for each position to which they have applied.
Summary of Job Duties:Imaging Sciences Faculty accepts, first and foremost, the responsibility of maintaining high standards of quality education. The Imaging Science Faculty is a member of the University faculty at large, with all the rights, freedoms, privileges, and responsibilities of every other faculty member and is responsible for adhering to regulations in the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith Employee Handbook. Primarily responsible for instructional preparation and teaching of courses in the classroom, laboratory and clinical setting in the Bachelor of Science in Imaging Sciences (BSIS) program. The Imaging Sciences faculty is directly responsible to the Executive Director of Imaging Sciences and the Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) Program Director.
Required Education and/or Work Experience: Be appropriately credentialed as a sonographer (ARDMS preferred) in vascular, abdomen, and ob/gyn (or certificate eligible with time line to complete). Be credentialed as a radiographer through ARRT. Hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree (and currently working on masters.) Have the equivalent of two years full-time clinical experience as a diagnostic medical sonographer with radiographer experience preferred.
Preferred Education and/or Work Experience: Hold a minimum of a master’s degree (or completion of master’s degree within two years). Be appropriately credentialed as a sonographer (ARDMS preferred) in vascular, abdomen, and ob/gyn (or certificate eligible with time line to complete). Be credentialed as a radiographer through ARRT.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform the job successfully, the following competencies are required for the essential functions of this position:
- Faculty has met the requirements of their degrees as set forth by an accredited institution.
- Faculty must demonstrate mastery of specific subject areas related to their professional practice and assignments.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in didactical, and clinical instruction as assigned by the Executive Director of Imaging Sciences and the DMS Program Director.
- Is responsible for coordinating DMS laboratory and clinical education with didactic education as assigned by the DMS Program Director.
- Adheres to course objectives and program outcomes in developing appropriate class content and objectives.
- Uses appropriate instructional resources to facilitate student progress toward meeting objectives.
- Establishes clinical and laboratory learning opportunities and assist with clinical rotation schedules.
- Maintains a hard copy and electronic copy of all lecture material on file in the Imaging Sciences Department.
- Maintains appropriate records regarding student evaluation, progress and attendance.
- Collaborates with the DMS Clinical Coordinator and evaluates the effectiveness of clinical education through a schedule of regular visits to the clinical education centers.
- Participates in academic advising and counseling.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of all records and examinations.
- Participates in the faculty, student, and programs evaluation process.
- Assists in the development of standards for the admission, progression, and graduation of DMS students.
- Selects appropriate clients for student clinical experiences, and serves as a professional role model for the student.
- Participates in professional and community activities for the purpose of bringing education, service, and research findings together for the improvement of health care. Consistently participates in scholarly and/or service activities, and attends meetings as scheduled.
- In collaboration with the DMS Program Director and DMS Clinical Coordinator develops and maintains affiliation agreements with healthcare institutions.
- Participates in continuing education programs to remain current in practice and maintains professional certifications. Submits goals for the coming year no later than March 1
- Promotes cohesiveness between faculty and students within the Imaging Sciences Department and participates in the recruitment and retention of students.
- Furnishes evidence of current professional certification, CPR certification, TB skin test or chest x-ray and required immunizations on an annual basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Relationships: UA Fort Smith Administration, College of Health, Education, and Human Science Students (Administration, Staff) Community Leaders, Imaging Sciences Advisory Board, Community Health Care Providers, Fort Smith Area Community
List Employees Supervised: None
Special Job Dimensions: Travel to and from clinical sites. Abilities to include walking, standing for up to twelve hours, bending, reaching, turning, listening, observation, and moderate to heavy lifting (at least 50 pounds). Must be physically and emotionally able to complete all job requirements.
Commensurate with education and experience
Required Documents to Apply:
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, License or Certificate (see special instructions for submission instructions), List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
Proof of Veteran Status
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Human Resources 479-788-7080
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, financial history background check, and/or drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Occasional Physical Activity:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert