- University of Florida
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Counseling
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job No: 521897
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department: 33070000 - HP-CLINICAL / HLTH PSYCHOLOGY
Position is responsible for providing a range of clinical services and case management in an outpatient clinic, under the direction and supervision of a Licensed Psychologist. This includes therapy intakes, evidence based psychotherapeutic treatments, as well as case management support planning and consultation, for a wide range of mental health disorders and acute and chronic health conditions, in children and adolescents. Position will focus on delivering therapeutic interventions to children, adolescents and their families to address general clinical child and psychosocial issues, as well as youths struggling with the management of, and coping with, type 1 diabetes. Position will assist families in coping with their child's health and mental health challenges and partner with treatment team members, including medical providers.
Participate actively with patients and the treatment teams in developing, implementing and coordinating interdisciplinary treatment plans to provide high quality patient care.
Document outcome of sessions, interaction with parties involved in the patient's care and incidents as required by policy, regulations and contract in a timely manner.
Discuss all relevant issues pertaining to the patient(s) care with various community networks, school officials, natural parents or guardians, placing agency or referral source, and other appropriate parties involved with the patient according to policy, regulations and best practice standards of the identified program.
Other duties as assigned.
$40,000 - $53,000 annually, commensurate with education, licensure and experience
Professionals with one of the following credentials are qualified to provide psychosocial counseling:
- Social worker with a masters degree or a Ph.D. in social work from a Certified Social Work Education-accredited school of social work.
- A Registered nurse with advanced specialized counseling education and training as a clinical nurse specialist or certified psychiatric nurse.
- A Professional licensed to provide clinical, counseling, and psychotherapy services by the Florida Department of Health, Division of Medical Quality Assurance.
- A Counselor with a masters degree in counseling.
- A Psychologist with a masters or Ph.D. in psychology.
- A Masters or doctoral level graduate student intern from an accredited school of social work or a psychology or counseling program, under the supervision of a licensed practitioner qualified to supervise such interns.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) is preferred.
- Experience providing behavior, cognitive behavioral evidenced based interventions to children, adolescents and families.
- Experience with a variety of general mental health disorders impacting children and adolescents including internalizing (i.e. Depressive Disorder, Anxiety, Acute and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders) and externalizing disorders (ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder).
- Interest in and/or exposure to children/adolescents diagnosed with acute or chronic health conditions, or children/adolescents seek help with pain management, sleep, health behavior change, or disease self-management.
- Experience with documentation within Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and writing for a medical audience
- Preferred, but not required: LCSW, LMFT, LMHC
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted; previous applicants remain under consideration and need not apply.
This is a time-limited position.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome nominations of and applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the university's research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
Health Assessment Required:
Special Instructions to Applicants
Health Assessment Required: $Health
Applications Close: $Closes
To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/521897/counselor
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. jeid-a3f3511df3c11744857aa1a2e7ecaf19
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert