- Georgia Southern University
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job ID: 248410
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Statesboro Campus - Statesboro, GA
Provide leadership to a small group of custodians. Perform custodial services for University facilities following established procedures and guidelines in maintenance of buildings, classrooms, offices, lavatories and restrooms. Manage cleaning of assigned areas, furnishings, and equipment using manual tools and electrically-powered machines.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Respond immediately to safety and/or operational concerns (i.e., bodily fluid clean up, lice, MRSA, Scabies, Staph, water leaks, fires, security alarms)
- Ensure radios, keys and vehicles are secured at end of shifts
- Remove all recyclable materials from assigned areas
- Distribute and deliver cleaning supplies
- Coordinate and lead daily team meetings to identify needs for day
- Prepare a daily/nightly shift report to convey supply and material needs, work order requests, project work and all information relevant to daily operations
- Document and/or convey information relating to personnel matters and facility needs
- Prepare annual performance appraisals on direct reports
- Provide continuity of custodial services during personnel absences and under emergency conditions by performing custodial duties to cover areas
- Inspect and sign off on all work/project requests and custodial work areas daily to ensure that areas are clean and suitable for safe operations
- Supervise, lead, and train 10 or more custodial workers; work with custodial personal to maintain a sanitary, safe and attractive environment
- Assume supervisor duties as directed in absence of Supervisor
- Oversee cleaning and inspect outcomes in assigned buildings
- Participate in interviews, new hire orientations and training of employees
- Identify necessary repairs due to vandalism, broken equipment, weather conditions and normal operating wear and tear
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of related work experience
- Supervisory experience
$15.91 - $16.20 per hour
This is a non-exempt position paid on a biweekly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
- Two (2) Professional References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to operate hand-held, precision, and power tools, such as brooms, mops, screwdrivers, floor buffers, leaf blowers
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Understanding of work orders, cleaning chemical labels
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
- Effective math skills for chemical quantity and other calculations
Apply Before Date
Open Until Filled
Application review may begin as early as September 8, 2022.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bend and stoop throughout day
- Climb stairs/ladders throughout day
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work performed in indoor and outdoor environments working in varying conditions
- Ability to operate University vehicles
- This is a supervisory position.
- Yes, this position will be required to drive.
- This role is considered a position of trust.
- Position of Trust
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=248410&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert