Workforce Development Facilitator
- San Diego State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Development & Advancement
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Workforce Development Facilitator
Req No: 2023-14984
Category: Community/Social Services
Type: Full-Time Contract
This position is open until filled with the first review of applicants to take place after February 17, 2023.
Academy for Professional Excellence, a project of San Diego State University School of Social Work, was established in 1996 with the goal of revolutionizing the way people work to ensure the world is a healthier place. Our services incorporate principles of anti-racist, trauma-informed, and recovery oriented practices. Providing over 70,000 learning experiences to health and human service and justice system professionals annually, the Academy creates experiences with the mission to provide exceptional learning and development experiences for the transformation of individuals, organizations, and communities. The Academy continues to grow with new programs and a variety of workforce development solutions in Southern California and beyond.
A significant effort in the Academy's commitment to the ongoing work of creating an anti-racist, recovery-oriented, and trauma-informed workplace is the recruitment of individuals who represent the full diversity of our community. The Academy invests in people to create an innovative work environment that promotes well-being and a culture that builds on and fosters the strengths of its staff and their intersectional identities. When you join the Academy team you can expect to contribute to an inclusive and innovative environment where the sharing of ideas, perspectives, and experiences is welcomed and encouraged. In applying for a position at the Academy, we invite you to consider our Core Values and our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Child Welfare Development Services (CWDS) provides workforce development, organizational support, technical assistance and capacity building for the public child welfare staff of Southern California counties. These services include coaching, simulation, classroom training, eLearning and evaluation services. Workforce development services consist of development opportunities for new social workers, the existing workforce, supervisors, managers and executive level leadership as well as community partners and multi-disciplinary partners working closely with child welfare agencies.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the general direction of a Practice Coach Manager, the Workforce Development Facilitator is responsible to work independently, and in partnership with the CWDS team, in providing workforce development services to public child welfare staff to support transfer of learning. Services include, but are not limited to, in-person and virtual classroom deliveries, coaching, simulation facilitation, curriculum development (for in person and virtual training as well as eLearning) project management, and facilitation of learning collaboratives and convenings. This position helps to build capacity for best practice on state and county initiatives for CWDS. This position works closely with the Practice Coaches, County Consultants, Workforce Management and Development team and Operations team to meet regional and county-specific workforce development needs. This position works full time from a home office and requires travel to Academy offices in San Diego and Riverside and all southern region county offices.
This is a full time position. The following information is intended to be a representation of the work performed by incumbents in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical extension of position responsibilities. Job descriptions may be changed or updated, at any time, based on the needs of the department.
Please note: some duties may include working with and/or exposure to sensitive/traumatic topics or material dealing with child abuse, elder abuse and/or issues and scenarios related to mental health, substance use, or racism.
This position will serve all Southern Region Counties (San Diego, Imperial, Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, Ventura, and LA.)
FACILITATE WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT (80%)
PROGRAM SUPPORT (15%)
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED (5%)
- Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in appropriate field related
to the program/project
- Additional experience may be substituted for the required
education on a year for year basis.
- Six (6) years of experience related to the program/project.
- Three (3) years of experience providing coaching or
(A masters' degree may be substituted for years of experience, up to two years)
- Experience in the practice and implementation of culturally responsive practice; integrating anti-racist, trauma-informed and recovery oriented practices; and the Integrated Core Practice Model.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of best practices in child welfare.
- Demonstrated knowledge of workforce development in child welfare.
- Experience developing child welfare practice curricula.
- Experience in the practice and implementation of coaching.
- Five years of experience planning and coordinating projects and deliverables.
- Two years experience as a classroom facilitator and/or curriculum developer
ADDITIONAL APPLICANT INFORMATION
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation.
- San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is required by the CSU for all SDSU Research Foundation employees as a condition of employment. Should you be offered a position, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination status. Individuals who obtain an approved medical or religious exemption on file will be required to complete regular COVID-19 testing.
To apply, visit https://careers-sdsurf.icims.com/jobs/14984/workforce-development-facilitator/job?in_iframe=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert