- San Diego State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Computer Sciences & Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Req No: 2023-14986
Type: Full-Time Central Staff
Salary: $5,416 - $5,833 per month
San Diego State University's Global Campus (SDSU Global Campus) has exciting opportunities within its growing Marketing Team. Currently at 11 full time staff, we are expanding our efforts in meeting the needs of non-traditional students and being a global leader in providing innovative education programs that transform lives.
San Diego State University Global Campus is looking for a dynamic junior web designer to join our team. This position will assist with website builds, implement new design features, and work to ensure that the underlying structure of our websites are correct. The Web Designer will take direction from the senior Front-end Web Developer and assist with all aspects of website design.
The Web Designer is responsible for but not limited to:
- Create wireframes, user flows, and site maps that communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Design website mockups (Adobe XD a plus) and webpage implementation.
- Website asset creation (graphics, images, etc.).
- Strong communication and collaboration with marketing team members for feedback and project updates.
Position Specific Responsibilities
Assist Front-End Web Developer/Designer Lead in developing, creating, and deploying:
- Website accessibility and UX best practices
- Working in both WordPress and Drupal CMS
- Adding to the DLS (Design Language System)
- Landing page web design for advertising and lead generation
- Assisting with coding, testing, design adjustments, and client reviews
- Converting video, audio, written, and graphic components into compatible formats for the web
- Excellent website design skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Work well under pressure in a highly technical environment.
- Graphic design training and/or experience.
- Skilled ability to research and identify the user behavior of our target audiences and support the design of appropriate UI/UX solutions.
- Curious and willingness to keep learning.
- Solid understanding of web design and development principles.
- Good planning, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- A portfolio of web design and projects you've worked on.
- Critical-thinking skills.
- Flexibility in the
- In-depth knowledge of software prototyping and UX design tools.
- Goal-orientated and deadline-driven.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that would prepare a person to perform duties as described.
- Minimum of three years working experience as a junior web designer.
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation systems, and knowledge of and experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Journey Builder, and/or TargetX are a plus but not required.
- Previous experience managing email in higher education or a similarly complex industry.
- An analytical mind and ability to translate data into actionable, effective, and profitable email marketing plans; experience managing and interpreting analytics.
- Experience working for a university/college-based institution.
- Experience working in a performance-oriented environment utilizing performance expectations, and established goals and objectives.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a solid foundation in grammar, spelling, and the composition of various communication vehicles
- Thorough knowledge of the program and applicable communications techniques
- Ability to work fairly autonomously and exercise sound judgment and discretion in completion of assignments and projects
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply standard theories, practices, principles and techniques related to communications
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to use effectively media outlets including planning media coverage and media publicity campaigns
- Working knowledge of copyright and other applicable laws pertaining to publications and the media
- Thorough knowledge of web communcation techniques, vehicles and formats. Ability to effectively use web technology to achieve communication goals
- Ability to analyze and select pertinent facts and integrate them into communication vehicles
- Strong story development and journalistic writing skills, as well as advanced editorial skills. Ability to define and deliver media messages.
- Ability to apply market research to identify communication needs and target audiences
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including strong public speaking, listening and interpretive skills
- Ability to provide lead work direction
- Equivalent to a bachelors degree, which includes relevant coursework in the field
- Four years of related professional or technical experience
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
To apply, visit https://careers-sdsurf.icims.com/jobs/14986/web-designer/job?in_iframe=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert