Instructional Media Assistant
- Riverside Community College District
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time. 02/15/2023
Position Title: Instructional Media Assistant (Technology Support Services) - Riverside City College
Department: Technology Support Svs (R)
Position Type: Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position: Riverside
Employment Type: Part-Time
If Part-Time, indicate the number of hours per week 19
Position Length: 12-month
Salary Range: Grade K
Salary Amount: $31.93 - $38.87
Salary Type: Hourly
Is this position categorically (grant) funded? No
Under the direction of the area Manager, the Instructional Media Assistant is responsible for all high-end media technology set-ups in the classroom. Works with faculty and staff with specialized media equipment requiring computer set-up and peripheral media equipment; responsible for scheduling the technology classrooms in the Library. Maintains all specialized media equipment and ensures all the equipment is in working order. Responsible for maintaining all laptop computers that are used for check-out, ensuring that they are fully operational and free of any viruses.
PROVIDES WORK OR LEAD DIRECTION TO:
Short-Term employee(s) and/or Work Study student(s).
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to two years of college from an accredited institution is required. An associate degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
Four years of experience in the operation and maintenance of media equipment, which includes two years of experience working with basic troubleshooting of computer system set ups, is required.
Microsoft Office and various presentation software programs; a computer system, including installing hardware devices.
Communicate effectively with students, staff, faculty and the public, especially to interpret and explain rules and policies; work cooperatively in a team environment; follow directions; complete all assignments within the timelines given; handle departmental duties with independent judgment; compile and maintain accurate records and reports.
Must have a valid California driver's license, and have (and maintain) an insurable driving record acceptable to the District's insurance carrier.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Co-workers, other departmental staff, faculty, and vendors.
Requires the ability to exert some physical effort, such as walking, standing and relatively heavy lifting; dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs and body in the operation of media equipment.
Normal media equipment environment.
1. Main contact person for faculty and staff who need support with computers, software and assistance in preparing special presentations.
2. Provides technical assistance for recording Board meetings.
3. Prepares student timecards for payroll processing.
4. Troubleshoots software and computers set-up for presentations, when needed.
5. Assists with special recording projects for audio and video recordings.
6. Assists with videoconferencing when needed.
7. Assists with special projects as needed.
8. Maintains classroom scheduling software that is used for the IMC inventory.
9. Trains the IMC support staff on the use of specialized media equipment.
10. Ensures that Ethernet connections are operational in the classrooms as needed.
11. Maintains all software-based equipment used for audio and video recordings used by classroom support services.
12. Assists all IMC staff as needed for various projects.
13. Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
14. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
15. Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only: Monday - Friday: 5:45pm - 10:30pm
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Optional Applicant Documents:
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Associate or Equivalent Transcript
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date: Anticipated Start Date: March or April 2023
Application Deadline: 02-15-2023
*It is anticipated that interviews will occur sometime during the 3rd or 4th week of March.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Listing "see resume" or a similar statement is not acceptable. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
* All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be accepted! All documents must be submitted electronically with the online application.
* Letters of reference, IF REQUIRED, must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted: Classified/Management/Confidential Application
To Apply: http://pa379.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=60580
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert