Strategic Initiatives Manager
- Virginia Tech
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 25, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Business Administration, Other Business & Management, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Technology Administration/Other, Chief Technology & Information Officers
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Strategic Initiatives Manager is a member of the Advancement Information Systems team and is responsible for projects and services across the Virginia Tech Advancement Division. Reporting to the Senior Director for Gift Accounting and Information Systems in Advancement and the Director of Business Application and Integration Services in Enterprise Systems, this position plays a key role in the Advancement technology roadmap, ensuring alignment with Senior Leadership vision and direction. At Virginia Tech, we strive to serve as a force for positive change in the world. We do this through education, research, and outreach around the world. By raising awareness, increasing alumni engagement, and attracting donations, our Advancement Division helps make it all possible. We build lifelong relationships that engage the time, loyalty, and intellectual and financial resources of individuals in support of Virginia Tech’s aspirations, goals, and broader land-grant mission to serve society. The Strategic Initiatives Manager identifies process improvement opportunities for the Advancement Division by analyzing current processes and business requirements, documenting business processes, measuring process performance, and recommending and communicating process solutions for an improved future state. This position frequently performs both the business analysis and project management roles on a project. This position coordinates and manages projects according to plan within the agreed scope, budget, and timeline defined by sponsors while incorporating best practices. A successful candidate will demonstrate effective leadership, exceedingly well-established communication and interpersonal skills, and proven experience with project management and business process analysis.
• Master's in Business, Marketing, Business Information Technology, or a related field or bachelor's degree with extensive experience.
• Multiple years of experience in the industry or acting as a consultant on major strategic projects required
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of business administration, management, and business forecasting strategies and techniques
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Demonstrated soft influence skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Knowledge of / experience with the Advancement profession.
• Experience with fundraising applications and systems
• Knowledge of change management
• Experience influencing across teams to achieve a common goal
Commensurate with experience
Are you a detail-oriented professional with a passion for leading projects and exploring technology solutions? Do you have a desire to make a meaningful impact in the advancement division at a leading university? If so, we want you to join our team as our Strategic Initiatives Coordinator in the Advancement Division at Virginia Tech! Apply today to take your career to the next level!
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Advancement HR at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: January 25, 2023
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert