STUDENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST I - Office of Admissions #00025608
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 26, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Office of Admissions
February 27, 2023
Full Time/Part Time
Full Time, Benefit Eligible
This position will process documents related to applications for enrollment management (undergraduate and graduate students). The position reviews the application for admission and academic record (transcripts, test scores, etc.) and processes admission decisions. This position also processes documents for all undergraduate and graduate applicants received in hard copy or via electronic forms, determines authenticity of same, and ensures those documents are correctly entered into student records on SLATE and on PeopleSoft and appropriately linked to the student record via Image NOW, if needed, to allow for processing by Transfer, Graduate and Freshman groups. This position directly impacts the admit/enroll yield of graduate and undergraduate students, both domestic and international, via the speed and accuracy with which documents are managed and the accuracy of admission decisions.
- Codes, enters data, and reviews applications for completion
- Enters admissions decisions and processes change of major requests received from applicants. Processes undergraduate and graduate applications and enters admission decisions within the designated decision timeframe.
- Communicates with prospective students regarding their application status.
- Reviews documents received via hard copy or electronic format and processes appropriately to allow for evaluation of graduate, transfer and waitlisted first time college files by other groups. This requires review, analysis and evaluation of information, to determine admissibility. It also requires making educated decisions about when data may need to be updated in multiple locations (both PeopleSoft and SLATE)
- Provides training and/or assistance and various levels of advice and information to students or other constituents on matters related to the admission application process
- Responds to inquiries from applicants or others related to applications or documents. Provides information in verbal or written form to constituents (internal or external) related to admission records or processes. This may be individual correspondence or provision of reports to various people within Admissions or outside of the department in some cases
- Assists with additional duties as back-up to others, such as checking core, opening mail and preparing documents for linking to Image NOW or routing appropriately
- Acts as liaison with the admissions counselor, AVP of Enrollment Management, Registrar, and department personnel for the resolution of admission issues and the dissemination of information regarding University policies and procedures.
- Assists in non-routine projects, such as providing department-wide support to other Enrollment Services offices during peak times.
- Assists in call-handling and general admissions email.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 1 year of experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
- Minimum of two years experience working with academic documents/records and the undergraduate and graduate admissions process, or closely related experience in data entry and processing is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert