Adjunct Faculty, Human Services
- College of Lake County
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Accounting & Finance
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Adjunct Faculty, Human Services
Internal Position Title: Adjunct Faculty, Human Services
Posting Number: F00828
Department:: Business & Social Sciences Div
Position Type: Part-Time Faculty
Job Family: Adjunct Faculty
This position will be involved in the instruction of first and second year college level courses to a diverse student body during daytime, evening, and Saturday classes at Grayslake, Waukegan, and/or Vernon Hills. The faculty member will develop, prepare, and revise instructional materials as well as participate in program evaluation and curriculum planning and development. The instructor will participate in department, division, and general faculty meetings, serve on division and college committees, and participate in other forms of college service. Human Services instructors are required to maintain an active program of professional development related to institutional objectives. The instructor will utilize appropriate technology to deliver instructional materials, maintain grades, provide timely communications with students, etc. Maintains current knowledge of subject matter via professional organization membership, attendance of seminars, conferences and classes, and professional publications.
- Master’s Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, -OR-related behavioral science field -OR-a course topic taught in the discipline (i.e. pharmacology).
- Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, gender identities, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Competency in technologies commonly used in college level instruction.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Posting Date: 11/22/2022
Expected Start Date: 01/09/2023
Special Instructions Summary: This posting will be used to obtain a pool of qualified candidates. As teaching needs arise, applications will be reviewed for possible interviews. The number of adjunct faculty hired varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department. Adjunct faculty hires and assignments are coordinated by the department chairs. The Faculty Success Framework illustrates the fundamental elements of a faculty member’s career at CLC. Its purpose is to support a culture of continual faculty development and to provide full but flexible paths for faculty to both consistently contribute to student success efforts and cultivate professional fulfillment. Our Guiding Principles for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CLC CARES) outline the qualities we expect CLC faculty will exemplify in their professional and pedagogical engagement with students. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Your application can remain under consideration for the academic year. You may check your status at any time by logging into firstname.lastname@example.org with your username and password. Thanks for being patient with the adjunct faculty hiring process.
Pay Rate: Per adjunct contract
Full-Time/Part-Time: Part Time
Total Hours Per Week: Based on class schedule
Based on class schedule. May be in person at one of CLC’s campuses or online.
Software Testing Required: None
Interview Process Requirements: None, Presentation
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities.
Summary of Essential Functions:
- Teach courses in subject field. Develop instructional materials. Assess student learning and assign grades. Attend required Adjunct meetings in the Fall and Spring semesters. Participate in college governance and other aspects of academic life. Maintain current knowledge of subject matter.
- Faculty members are expected to maintain current in compliance training, including compliance under Title IX “Responsible Employee” and, if applicable, Clery Act Campus Security Authority.
- Select, prepare and maintain current curriculum, course outlines and printed and non-printed instructional materials.
- Teach courses as scheduled each academic semester.
- Provide instructional support to the students. Refer students, when appropriate, to sources of specialized services within the College.
- Provide the Division and the students a syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, attendance policies in line with those of the college, texts and readings, timelines and evaluation criteria, and any other information required by College, Division, or departmental policy.
- Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions or examinations. Provide feedback in a timely manner on student progress.
- Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles.
- Maintain office/discipline/grade/division records as required by the College.
- Be available for student consultation through phone or email.
- Use the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve and document student complaints, concerns and problems.
- Assist in developing and administering discipline-appropriate measures of student academic achievement, use departmental testing instruments as provided. Administer other instruments designed to measure student learning outcomes as requested and required by the department. Provide all results as requested.
- Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and current course syllabus and approved textbook (and/or related instructional material). Meet all classes for the scheduled time.
- Submit all grades (mid/final) electronically prior to the required deadlines. Provide the Registrar appropriate grade records.
- Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course evaluations when available and use feedback to improve course delivery.
- Revise and update course content as needed.
- Participate, when appropriate, in the formation and meetings of program advisory boards, college, division, and department committees.
- Maintain a high level of professional ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean or Associate Dean.
- POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/22045
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert