Senior System Analyst
- Northeastern University
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Senior System Analyst
About the Opportunity
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
- Support and extend the operational objectives of systems used by the office of the Registrar including Banner, UAchieve, Courseleaf, 25 Live, and others by studying business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output. Implement new functionality for these systems by analyzing requirements, constructing workflows, studying system capabilities, and writing specifications. Improve these systems by following current practices and designing modifications.
- Develop project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements and work with the rest of the office as well as other offices as part of project teams. Develop and implement test plans, including documenting and validating test cases. Report on project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions.
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures and assist in the creation and maintenance of user documentation. Work to ensure end user processes are as automated and user friendly as possible. Stay abreast of advances in data management practices and technology and general business developments.
- Understand and document the student information maintained in Banner and other student systems of record, and work to enhance the quality and utility of the data contained in these systems. Ensure that student data is available in time to meet standard reporting needs.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field, preferably with continuing studies and course work. Master's Degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated proficiency in data analysis, documentation, and testing.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- 3+ years Ellucian Banner Student technical experience
- PL/SQL and Shell Scripting experience
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Project Leadership and Business Process skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels within the technology and functional units.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and activities.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Senior-System-Analyst_R107476
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert