ITSA Hardware Software Support I
- Western Illinois University
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
ITSA Hardware Software Support I
- Work Department: University Technology - User Support Services
- Class Title/Code: Information Technology Support Associate (5032)
- Effective Date: Jan 26, 2023
A Hardware/Software Support Associate I typically does the following:
- Assists in installing, disassembling, repairing, and adjusting hardware devices.
- Assists in performing preventative maintenance and diagnostics on hardware devices.
- Operates common types of devices.
- Demonstrates proper use of many different devices.
- Assists with software installation, repair and support.
- Assists with deployments of computer operating systems.
- Responds to user calls/questions regarding hardware devices and software independently.
- Provides information about estimated repair cost to the user and maintains basic statistics on repaired equipment, including parts and labor.
- Keeps accurate and timely record of activities performed in designated department application.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive and accurate documentation of all operational and end-user procedures and information in the department's centralized technician- and/or customer-facing knowledge management systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Required Qualifications:
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER:
- High School graduation or equivalent
- Any combination totaling one year from the following categories:
- Progressively more responsible work experience in an Information Technology (IT) related profession.
- College course work which included a minimum of 12 semester hours in Information Technology (IT), or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 semester hours or Associate's Degree equals one year
- Starting Salary: $2,978/month
- Application Deadline: Feb 9, 2023
3. Six months hardware and software repair and support experience
Employment - Information & Instructions
Complete an Employment Application online. Submit supplemental application materials, which may include transcripts, licenses, certifications, resume, and a copy of the DD214 (if applicable), via email to HR-Testing@wiu.edu.
All application materials are due in the WIU Human Resources Office no later than 4:30 p.m. the day of the application deadline.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact:
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1971 ext. 1
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Open: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert