Event & Conference Supervisor (Evening/Weekends)
- College of the Holy Cross
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 25, 2023
About College of the Holy Cross:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation's leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 3,000 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members--students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to diversity is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience, Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
This position supervises the evening and weekend building operations, events, and all student workers. They are responsible for monitoring the building and preparing nightly reports.
- Immediate supervision of night time operation where time is spent assigning, reviewing and checking work.
- Ensure that all events are set up according to the contract and that they are presented in a manner that is consistent with departmental policies regarding cleanliness.
- Ensure that all related departments, such as Environmental Services and Catering Services, are in agreement as to all set-ups. Take immediate corrective measures when a problem is noted.
- Meet with clients at their events and make sure that everything is set up as they wanted for their event.
- Validate set up with worksheet, reservation and contract.
- Patrol the Building on a regular basis with adherence to all building policies and procedures and take immediate corrective measures when a problem is noted.
- Ensure that all shifts are filled and functioning in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure that proper procedures are followed within each department and that the areas are functioning according to established departmental and College guidelines and that the proper end of shift procedures have been followed.
- Night report is completed at the end of each shift and notation is made of all unusual situations that have occurred and the correct response taken in each case.
- Work with the Director to train, supervise, monitor, and evaluate Student Supervisors. Train Student Supervisors in all facets of their job. Supervise and evaluate their ability in the position, Monitor progress and report any shortcomings to the Director of Events & Conference Services for corrective action.
- Maintain good working relationships with supervisor, co-workers, students and all College departments.
- All safety standards and guidelines are maintained at all times; all accidents are reported immediately to the Director of Events and Conference Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently from written instructions.
- Customer service and supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to resolve client issues, work cooperatively with campus support departments.
To mitigate the spread and effects of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, College of the Holy Cross requires that all successful applicants show proof of full, up-to-date vaccination (including a booster dose once eligible) by an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine before beginning employment, unless an accommodation exempting the applicant from this policy has been granted. Applicants who wish to request an accommodation based on a disability or sincerely-held religious belief should inform Human Resources after an offer of employment is extended; please do not include any medical, genetic, or religious information in your application materials.
This is a part-time, non-exempt level position without benefits.
The College of the Holy Cross is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA).
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: click here.
Please attach resume and cover letter.
In your cover letter please address how your work might support the College's mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://www.holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. Please provide examples of any past work that illuminate your commitments in these areas. For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity.
Should you be a candidate for further consideration after hiring manager review, you will be contacted by a human resources representative.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert