Librarian Adjunct Part-Time
- City Colleges of Chicago
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Library & Information Sciences, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Librarians & Library Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
LIBRARIAN ADJUNCT PART-TIME
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
This position is responsible for providing professional services to students, faculty and staff. The position will provide a full range of services that include section management, customer service, reference assistance, academic advising and education to students regarding the use of the college library. This position supports the mission and educational goals of the college.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs specialized tasks involved in the acquisition, cataloging, referencing and circulation of library materials.
- Assists all library users with electronic and print materials.
- Assists staff and students in identifying and locating documents and materials.
- Adapts cataloging of new materials using the Library of Congress Catalog or similar systems.
- Researches and solves complex bibliographic identification problems.
- Selects, orders, catalogs and classifies special collections of technical books, periodicals, slides, films strips, motion pictures, video tapes, journal reprints and other materials.
- Performs literature searches and annotates or abstracts materials.
- Assists patrons in research problems.
- Must have familiarity with Internet sources and the ability to search on-line databases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Master’s degree in Library Science and information Science or equivalent combination of training and expierence is required.
- Must be self-directed, innovative and able to assess current operations in an effort to develop practical action programs to improve the functioning of the department.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required with the ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels (both inside and outside of the organization).
- Must be able to work well within a culturally diverse environment with the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be flexible, innovative and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert