Plumber and Steamfitter-Plumbing Shop-50000279
- The College of New Jersey
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant, Auxiliary Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
The Department of Facilities & Administrative Services is a large operational service organization that provides a broad array of services to the campus community through the following offices: Access Control Services, Automotive Services, Building Services, Energy & Central Utilities, Facilities Operations, Grounds & Landscape Maintenance Services, Mailing & Receiving Services, Occupational Safety and Environmental Services and Risk Management Services.
Under the direction of the Supervisor of the Plumbing Shop, this position performs varied types of plumbing work involving the installation, repair, and maintenance of plumbing and steamfitting fixtures, fittings, and systems; does related work as required.
- Provides preventive maintenance to all plumbing and steamfitting related systems and equipment. Inspects said systems and equipment to determine what action is needed. Replaces parts as required; lubricates parts as needed; and cleans and adjusts components as necessary. Reports all deficiencies to the supervisor and makes emergency repairs as necessary.
- Installs, repairs and/or maintains water, drainage, waste and gas lines; toilets, wash basins, showers, bath tubs and urinals; appliances and machinery; and, installs, maintains, and tests pumps.
- Utilize the work order system, FAMIS, for all work order related items using TCNJ owned iPad, including updating work orders, providing feedback to requestor and/or users, indicating time worked, materials used, etc.; updating status of work orders including work in progress, work completed and closing work order when work is successfully completed. Works closely with the supervisor to ensure proper communication on work completed.
- Removes stoppage from waste pipes, water closets, soil stacks, and house drains, and prevents water wastage by repairing and/or replacing worn plumbing and steamfitting parts.
- Covers piping and fittings with insulation or other compositions. Works with wrought iron, cast iron, butt welded, soil, asbestos, composition, and copper pipes; installs and repairs piping systems using flanged, screwed, bell and spigot, compression, and soldered joints.
- Prepares and/or works from schematics, sketches, plans and specifications with accuracy in the field in accordance with the plumbing code or approved trade practices and established procedures. Reads said schematics, sketches, plans and specifications accurately with little or no assistance from Supervisor. Maintains familiarity with the use and nomenclature of approved trade practices and manufacturer's recommendations.
- High School Diploma. Minimum of three (3) years of experience in work involving the installation, inspection, repair, and maintenance of plumbing and steam fitting fixtures, fittings, appliances, machinery, and plumbing systems and related equipment. Possession of a valid driver's license in good standing issued by the state of residence is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of comprehensive plumbing and steam fitting work within an institutional setting (e. g. higher education, school district, hospital). Successful completion of a vocational training or apprenticeship program.
- Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of background check and reference checks. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Job Spec Code: 41313
Union Description: IFPTE
State Class Code: 15
Salary Range: C16 | $45,583.68 - $64,129.17
Salary Range is used to calculate promotional calculations for applicants who are current NJ state employees with underlying classified status if selected.
External Applicants: Salary Range, Step 1-4: $45,583.68 - $51,51,765.51
TCNJ is a highly selective institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. Founded in 1855, TCNJ has become an exemplar of the best in public higher education and is consistently acknowledged as one of the top comprehensive colleges in the nation. TCNJ currently is ranked as one of the 75 "Most Competitive" schools in the nation by Barron's Profiles of American Colleges and is rated the No. 1 public institution in the northern region of the country by U.S. News & World Report. TCNJ was named the #10 value in public higher education by the Princeton review in 2009 and, in 2006, was awarded a Phi Beta Kappa chapter - an honor shared by less than 10 percent of colleges and universities nationally. A strong liberal arts core forms the foundation for programs offered through TCNJ's seven schools - Arts & Communication; Business; Education; Humanities and Social Sciences; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and Engineering. TCNJ faculty members are teacher-scholars who share a commitment to liberal learning. TCNJ is located within an hour, by train, of New York City and Philadelphia. The College's campus is set on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing Township and is known for its natural beauty and has 39 major buildings.
Qualified candidates should apply online and submit a letter of interest, resume (CV), as well as the names and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be considered until a viable finalist has been found. Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks.
In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert