Advancement and Campaign Coordinator
- Sidwell Friends School
- District of Columbia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Development & Advancement, Alumni Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Advancement and Campaign Coordinator
Department:Office of School Advancement
Position Start Date:Immediately
The Advancement and Campaign Coordinator will assist the Advancement Team in developing fundraising plans, maintaining donor relationships, and supporting Advancement Team operations. The position is both strategic and tactical, incorporating all components of the Advancement department including the comprehensive capital campaign.
The Advancement and Campaign Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date information on Advancement goals, events, donors, and prospects. S/he will report to the Senior Director of Advancement Services and Operations with a dotted line to the Director of Campaign and Strategic Initiatives and will have extensive interaction with Advancement leadership, the Individual Giving, Engagement, and Advancement Services teams as well as campaign and advancement volunteers.
- Prepare customized briefing and solicitation materials for volunteers and staff.
- Ensure all data relating to donors, volunteers, and assignments are recorded in Raisers Edge NXT by participating in Individual Giving prospect meetings and following up with gift officers
- Create and disburse weekly Individual Giving Strategy Meeting materials and minutes.
- Perform prospect research using a range of online tools and develop prospect profiles of both current and prospective donors for Advancement and School leadership.
- Conduct research and draft communications, proposals, donor profiles, and briefing memos for prospective donors as requested.
- Create a prospect development data flow for new/notable gifts and communicate information about prospects to Individual Giving Team for possible assignments/follow-up.
- Assist in preparation for Board committee work in support of Advancement leadership.
- Assist in coordinating acknowledgement and honor/memorial mail and email processes to ensure all are appropriately signed, accurate, and timely.
- Coordinate between Engagement and Individual Giving for all event logistics and prospect management assignments and briefs.
- Liaise between gift officers and engagement team to ensure gift agreements are completed, input into RE/NXT and shared in a timely manner.
- Support and assist with gift entry as needed.
- Ensure Advancement webpages are up to date.
- Support strategic calendar management for full Advancement Team.
- Support the Director of Campaign and Strategic Initiatives on campaign related activity.
- Maintain campaign materials measurement tools including the gift table, list of funded recognition opportunities, and available programmatic funding opportunities.
- Support the volunteer committees; conduct follow-up for group meetings, individualized conversations, and material sharing.
- Support volunteers regarding assignments, meetings, and recording activities in coordination with the Director of Campaign and Strategic Initiatives and the Annual Giving Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required
- At least 1-2 years of professional office experience
- Interest in development, fundraising, public relations/marketing, and/or independent education; previous campaign experience preferred
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; preferred database experience
- Integrity - previous experience with highly confidential information preferred
- Positive, team-player attitude, willingness to be supportive to all Advancement partners
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
Candidates should upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references via our online application.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert