Student Success Advisor
- Auburn University at Montgomery
- Alabama, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 26, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Other Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Academic Advising & Academic Support Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Student Success Advisor
Warhawk Academic Success Center
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate referral processes via the Warhawk Warning early alert program for faculty and the associated students who were referred.
- Meet regularly with students, face to face, to discuss their academic, personal, and professional progress relative to their AUM experience and insure that they are aware of institutional support services.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records of every student interaction including in-person visits, phone consultations, internet correspondences, and any other communications.
- Develop relationships with AUM faculty and staff to encourage involvement in the Warhawk Warning early alert program.
- Maintain, and deliver timely responses and data reports regarding the Warhawk Warning program activities on a monthly basis to the Asssistant Provost of Enrollment Management.
- Stay abreast of current issues and trends related to college students’ academic success and retention through active professional development.
- Manage existing and develop new academic and campus partnerships.
- Facilitate academic success presentations and workshops to various campus partners.
- Serve as a Student Success representative on campus committees and at outreach events.
- Develop new initiatives designed to support the academic, personal, and leadership development of first-year AUM students.
- Provide academic advising as needed.
- Assist in university retention initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the University’s student policies and procedures and those related to assigned department
- Knowledge of first-year experience theory and practical application
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop, identify, and assess program goals and report findings
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once
Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree and experience working in Higher Education with students preferred.
Job Open Date:
This posting will remain open until closed:
Job Close Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We are committed to build and sustain an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. Prospective candidates will help further the institutional goals of promoting equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
Position Profile Link
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert