Materials Handler I
- Colorado School of Mines
- Colorado, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 26, 2023
Materials Handler I
Applicants must be a Colorado resident.
This position assists and advises the Colorado School of Mines campus with their distribution needs through Central Receiving, Central Stores, Mail and Package Delivery services. Provides quality service to the faculty and staff and works with vendors to fulfill the needs of the University.
Central Receiving & Delivering:
- Unload trucks with forklift as necessary, organize freight, check in and log packages, stage packages for delivery.
- Maintain logs and filing systems for the purpose of tracking packages by date.
- Check all incoming freight for Purchase Orders, damaged as well as poorly labeled freight.
- Resolve customer, vendor and carrier issues.
- Load vehicles with freight that has been checked in for best delivery efficiency to optimize delivery times checking for time sensitive packages, deliver to proper location on campus with quality customer service.
- Maintain scheduled mail route and non· scheduled package delivery routes.
- Be a contact for those on campus regarding receiving issues and procedures.
- Unloading, handling and sorting of incoming United States Postal Service mail & packages along with inter· departmental mail for campus wide delivery.
- Act as backup in the processing of out-going mail when Mail Manager is not present.
- Must keep up with current USPS postal changes.
- Takes out all processed mail to the USPS local postal station and mail that requires the attention of the Business Mail Technician (insured, certified and registered mail) - all of which entails driving off campus.
- Maintain scheduled mail routes for both morning and afternoon mail runs.
- Prepare vehicles for that day’s functions.
- Review prior days paperwork and resolve outstanding issues.
- Prepare vehicles for overnight/weekend storage.
- Update daily/weekly logs and files.
- Clean work environment and equipment, check charge level and batteries on forklift- charge as necessary.
- Walk and check building prior to locking up.
One year of experience which includes warehousing, handling, shipping, receiving, storing, inventory, and/or distribution of goods.
- Working knowledge of US postal regulations
- Prior experience with mail handling
- Experience operating a fork lift
- Prior experience in a central stores environment
- Prior experience in a university setting which included laboratories
Colorado School of Mines is committed to equal opportunity for all persons. Mines does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), ancestry, creed, marital status, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or current military service. Further, Mines does not retaliate against community members for filing complaints regarding or implicating any of these protected statuses.
Mines’ commitment to nondiscrimination, affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access is reflected in the administration of its policies, procedures, programs and activities and in its efforts to achieve a diverse student body and workforce.
Through its policies, procedures and resources, Mines complies with federal law, Colorado state law, administrative regulations, executive orders and other legal requirements to prevent discrimination (including harassment or retaliation) within the Mines campus community and to address potential allegations of inequity or concerns for safety.
How to Apply
For the complete job announcement and the online application, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/colorado/jobs/3891760/materials-handler-i
$15.00 - $20.07 Hourly
$2,600.00 - $3,479.34 Monthly
Mines takes into consideration a combination of candidate’s education, training and experience as well as the position’s scope and complexity, the discretion and latitude required in the role, work location, and external market and internal value when determining a salary level for potential new employees.
Mines is proud to provide exceptional benefits that include pay, health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. The state of Colorado portfolio of benefits to classified employees includes medical, dental, disability insurance, life insurance, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, discount programs, and retirement savings plans. Additionally, Classified employees at Mines are eligible for tuition benefits (for employees and dependents), paid holidays and vacation/sick leave. For additional plan details, please visit the State of Colorado Employee Benefits page .
Advertised: January 26, 2023 Mountain Standard Time
Applications close: 12 Feb 2023 Mountain Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert