Adjunct Faculty, Mammography
- Austin Community College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Other Education, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Curriculum & Instructional Development
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Adjunct Faculty, Mammography
Job Description Summary:
Responsible to prepare and deliver coursework in Mammography and Radiography in engaging, innovative, and discipline-appropriate ways that reflect a commitment to success equity, respect for diversity, an understanding of culturally responsive teaching, and knowledge of the teaching field. Meets professional standards for faculty in accordance with college policies and procedures.
Course work will be delivered via online Learning format as well as classroom delivery. Faculty will also be responsible for coordinating clinical education for students in the Mammography program.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare and teach courses in the field of Mammography and
Radiography to a diverse student population based on the
department's approved course learning outcomes, utilizing a variety
of instructional strategies appropriate to the needs of community
college students and the standards of the discipline.
- Evaluate student progress and provide clear, timely feedback
reflecting program learning outcomes and departmental
- Provide teaching and mentoring services to students in a manner
which does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
age, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or other
- Remain current in the field through a variety of professional
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the department
chair, dean, and/or associate vice president, vice president,
executive vice president.
- Maintain current licensure with the ARRT and TMB in both
Radiography and Mammography
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, online
resources, and other technologies for the classroom. Demonstrated
proficiency using an online learning management system such as
Blackboard to develop and build course content and perform
administrative duties (posting office hours, syllabi, etc.)
- Meet deadlines for attendance certification and submission of
final course grades.
- Maintain regular office hours to assist students and improve
student retention and success.
- Recognize and reflect standards of civility and collegiality in
- Comply with published college policies and procedures and meet
professional standards for teaching in a community college.
- Appropriate use of the college's learning management
- Educational requirements in accordance with SACSCOC
accreditation standards. https://www.austincc.edu/employment-at-acc/full-time-and-adjunct-faculty-position-information/minimum-credential-qualification-requirements
. No substitution for educational requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Diagnostic Medical Imaging,
Radiologic Sciences, Radiologic Technology or equivalent
with current licensure, certification or registration or
• Associate degree in Radiology with current licensure,
certification or registration and 3 years non-teaching
work experience in Mammography
- Minimum of three years of workforce experience
- Work is routinely performed in an office/classroom
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching,
kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working
conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to
prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Job Posting Close Date:
April 7, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert