Associate Dean, Research and Innovation, College of Education
- Rowan University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 26, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Education Administration & Leadership, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Faculty Affairs, Other Academic Affairs, Research Administration, Deans
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Associate Dean, Research and Innovation
The Associate Dean supports the College of Education’s aim of turning research into practice to prepare and support reflective practitioners who use education to transform our global society. This individual will seek opportunities to support the College of Education’s commitment to social justice in education and access, success, and equity for all. Reporting to the Dean of the College and working with department chairs, faculty, and students, the Associate Dean will provide support for research innovation, faculty and graduate students affairs, and serve as liaison for program review and curriculum.
This highly visible and strategic role within Rowan’s College of Education will have primary responsibility for:
- Faculty and Student Research Development
- Innovative Curriculum and Program Development
- Faculty and Administrative Affairs
- Terminal degree in education or a closely related discipline;
- Successful school and/or community partnership experiences; significant scholarly productivity, including publications on issues in education and educational partnerships;
- Evidence of excellence in teaching in higher education;
- Strong record of interdisciplinary leadership and partnerships with schools and/or educational or community organizations;
- Ability to mentor junior faculty, work with doctoral students, and collaborate with mid-career and senior faculty engaged in university and community partnership work;
- Successful history of grant-funded research and other initiatives; and commitment to equity and social justice
- Administrative experience, including successful management and staff oversight
- Innovation in expanding partnership endeavors and identifying new and interdisciplinary ways of addressing educational challenges;
- Established national professional reputation in an academic field; and expertise on national issues in P-20 educational reform.
Faculty and Student Research Development
- Facilitates the development and support for individual and collaborative faculty research, scholarship and creative activity, inclusive of undergraduate and graduate student research with faculty.
- Develops and implements initiatives and processes that promote research productivity among faculty across CED (College of Ed.) departments and centers.
- Acts as a college liaison on university-related matters connected to research and sponsored activities, including the Associate Deans for Research in other Rowan colleges, the Office of the Vice President of Research, Office of Sponsored Projects, Rowan University Research Council, Rowan Foundation, Ph.D. in Education Faculty Council, and Rowan’s Institutional Review Board.
- Facilitates processes for graduate student success (e.g., workshops, orientations, fellowships, campus wide resources etc.) and enhances mentoring of graduate students
- Oversees and coordinates the annual CED Summer Faculty Research Awards and Faculty/Student/Staff Recognition Awards.
- Support Faculty in exploring and developing new programs
- Oversees all curricula proposals, review process, and implemented changes for undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Provides guidance to faculty regarding the online curriculum process (i.e., proposal timelines & processes, as set by the University Senate and Provost Office of Academic Affairs, to CED faculty).
- Facilitates CED curriculum processes with College curriculum committee chair, dept. chairs, and members.
- Fosters new faculty development (i.e., new faculty orientation, brown bag series on research/scholarship productivity; research bootcamp etc.) and provides support to faculty with questions about career trajectory.
- Work closely with the leadership team and serve as a mentor/consultant to chairs and faculty, as appropriate
- Assist with CED strategic planning process and implementation, summer leadership team retreat, and in maintaining smooth, efficient, and effective operations in the College and co-facilitating the active involvement of CED Advisory Council
- Oversees the administration of awarding process for College and University scholarship programs for CED students
- Leads annual Academic Probation/Dismissals Committee
- Serves as contact person for all search committee policies and processes.
- Serves as the dean’s proxy to represent CED at university meetings and events.
Advertised: Jan 26 2023 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 8 2023 11:55 PM Eastern Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert