- Albany State University
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Student Affairs, Career Services, Other Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Albany State University is a fully accredited senior unit of the University System of Georgia. Employees receive benefits provided by the University System of Georgia, including, but not limited to, medical and major medical insurance, group life insurance, participation in the Georgia Teachers' Retirement System, Optional Retirement Plan (Faculty and exempt employees only), Social Security and Tuition Assistance Program after six months of employment.
Our West Campus is located at 2400 Gillionville Road, Albany, GA 31707. Our East Campus is located at 504 College Drive, Albany, GA 31705. The Human Resources office for both campuses is located on the West Campus in Building K, Suite 111.
The administrative specialist will assist the director and staff in the daily operations of the Office of Career Services. Performs duties assigned by the director to include greet individual and general public, interprets rules, policies and regulations, coordinates and supervises work of student assistants, work study students, preparing & channeling forms, requisitions, vouchers and ordering of materials/supplies. Operates various office machines and maintains supply inventory and answers the telephone and makes travel arrangements.
- The administrative specialist will maintain student records/data through managing databases for operational efficiency to support student success through information management including: office programming announcements on the website, career platforms and systems, current/ post student documents, and other university communication channels as directed. Ensures confidential student data remains secure.
- Directs visitors/employers/students to appropriate office personnel and locations providing value-added customer service for in-person, call-in, and online inquiries.
- Orders supplies as needed for the programming and prepares/channels carious interoffice forms, requisitions and vouchers
- Works collaboratively with other staff members on designated projects and assignments
- Data input and management for multiple office databases to include job announcements, career services, assessment results, etc. through pdf/access/excel inputs/CSV’s
- Coordinates program information to support student data collection; coordinates institutional databases of student data to include: BANNER, EAB-Grades First with departmental systems
- Develops needs assessments based on student reporting collaborating between systems & services across departments and maintains records of all program activities.
- Updates Career Services Office social media accounts weekly with programming information aligned with programming schedules
- Coordinates and supervises office messaging for alignment and timeliness through all active communication platforms; performs other clerical/administrative office duties as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent .
5 years of related work experience in higher education.
Experience with Banner, Banner 9 systems, ePro, Argos.
Required Documents to Attach
Please provide 2 letters of reference
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Knowledgeable of University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and objectives to support University's mission for student success.
Experienced in software applications Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Experience with Office equipment, copier, computers, etc.
Exhibit excellent customer service, navigate web access and email. Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Office of Human Recourses at (229) 500-2026, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at (877) 251.2644, or by email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Albany State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Albany State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Albany State University Office of Human Resources at (229) 500-2026. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at 229-500-3442.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert