Student Success Librarian
- Menlo College
- Atherton, California
- $72,500-$82,500, Commensurate with experience
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Librarians & Library Administration
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Student Success Librarian
Reports to: Dean of Library Services
Position Type: Full-time, 12 months, Exempt
Compensation: $72,500-82,500, Commensurate with experience
Bowman Library seeks a Student Success Librarian to provide instruction, outreach and research services. The Student Success Librarian designs engaging first-year and across-the-curriculum learning experiences to build students’ research skills.
● Teaches information literacy and research skills in a variety of formats; liaises with faculty for course-integrated sessions
● Designs and delivers library programming and outreach, including the library social media presence
● Designs student-lead services, mentors and supervises library student assistants
● Oversees access services
● Assesses student outcomes and library services and maintains statistics
● Creates engaging digital learning objects and contributes to information literacy curriculum development
● Provides reference service and develops collections in business, psychology and general Arts & Sciences, based on a candidate’s interests and qualifications
● Builds excellent relationships with faculty, students, librarians and staff to advance library goals
● Contributes to the library and information science profession and to Menlo College through scholarship, creative work and service
● Other duties, as assigned
Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
Remote work is possible one day per week.
● Master's degree in Library and Information Science from a program accredited by the American Library Association, or within 6 months of graduating.
● Teaching experience, preferred, including the ability to apply the Association of College and Research Libraries’ frameworks for information literacy in instructional design
● Experience developing digital learning objects, including videos, learning modules, surveys and research guides
● Reference experience and ability to use, select and assess resources in the social sciences and business
● Experience with and continuing interest in library and instructional technologies (e.g. Springshare LibApps, WMS Library Management System, Canvas Learning Management System) and use of digital media in education (e.g. screencasting, social media, user experience design)
● Knowledge of general principles of library organization and management
About Bowman Library
Bowman Library provides collections and services to inspire, engage and advance teaching, learning and research at Menlo College. The Library supports undergraduate programs in psychology, business and sports management. The library is currently planning to support proposed graduate programs in information systems and sports and performance psychology. Currently, instructional support includes course-integrated research sessions, individual consultations, and an asynchronous information literacy module required of all undergraduate students.
Located in the heart of the campus, the library is beloved by students and faculty and fosters a positive learning environment. A learning commons, reservable study rooms, comfortable seating areas, study carrels and student-run late night hours all contribute to a sense of community and place for students throughout their Menlo College experience.
About Menlo College
Menlo College’s mission is to: “...ignite potential and educate students to make meaningful contributions in the innovation economy.” We attract students from all over the world who are committed to learning, playing intercollegiate sports, starting and leading organizations, and making an impact in their communities.
For the 12th straight year, Menlo College was named to The Princeton Review “2021 Best Colleges,” a recognition given to only 12% of all colleges and universities in the U.S. In 2020, Menlo College was also ranked #11 in Money for Best U.S. Business Colleges. Menlo College is designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI). Many students are first generation college students in their families.
Our campus is located 30 miles south of San Francisco, in Silicon Valley – one of the world’s most entrepreneurial and innovative locations. Silicon Valley is renowned as an innovation incubator with exceptional opportunities for experience-based learning.
Menlo College offers generous retirement, health and wellbeing benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the College, visit: Benefits of Belonging
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and current resume. The position is open until filled, with first review February 28th and continuing through March.
Attn: Director of Human Resources
1000 El Camino Real, Atherton, CA 94027-4301
or via email to email@example.com
Menlo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. All prospective Menlo College employees are required to satisfy a background check, as well as clearance annually for the operation of a motor vehicle on behalf of Menlo College. As we are an in-person campus, we require proof of full vaccination and a booster or approved exemptions for COVID-19
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert