Senior Director of Admissions, Campus Based - Austin, TX
- South University
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 26, 2023
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
The Senior Director of Admissions is responsible for assisting South University in attaining admissions goals, in particular inquiry conversion to enrollments, and enrollments to new student matriculation at plan. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion. The Senior Director of Admissions will also be responsible for mentoring and assisting in the development of Directors of Admissions as needed. Participation in key campus strategy discussions and implementation of campus wide initiatives with appropriate feedback will be expected.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Establishes forecasts and achieves new student start rate and readmissions plans.
- Assures adequate staffing levels and productivity through effective personnel management. This includes but is not limited to the selection and hiring of employees coupled with their being trained, developed, motivated, and effectively managed. This includes admissions teams receiving regular feedback, observation and support; monthly, quarterly and annual performance reviews; new hire and veteran training; turnover prevention.
- Responsible for achieving conversions of inquiry to applicant; and applicant to new student standards.
- Monitor expenses to ensure budget compliance.
- Contribute to marketing plans to support inquiry conversion and applicant lock-in.
- Ensures compliance with all SU policies and procedures, ethical standards, and compliance with all federal, state and accreditation requirements.
- Partners with other EC members, faculty and staff to assure a vibrant perpetual student recruitment environment.
- Work with AVC and VC of Admissions on strategy development, pilot and/or launch initiatives, provide feedback on execution results and make recommendations.
- Mentor Director of Admissions as assigned. Giving DOAs guidance on leadership, coaching of ARs and database management.
- Core Values unify the culture of South University and represent the guiding principles that influence the company’s vision, mission, and performance outcomes.
- Doing the Right Thing. Conveys a position of principle even during opposition. Takes appropriate action to heighten awareness and influence positive change.
- Integrity. Conducts all activities honestly and fairly to create an environment of mutual trust and equity.
- Respect. Openly shows appreciation for the ideas and contributions of others to create an environment of collaboration, involvement and growth.
- Providing Value. Continuously seeks to understand the requirements of all constituencies. Makes collaborative decisions to ensure needs are met or exceeded through the delivery of quality services.
- Excellence. Displays a commitment to exceptional quality that creates an environment of innovation, positive thinking and continuous improvement.
- Learning-Centered Focus. Actively supports an outcomes-based, learning-centered culture through the delivery/support of an engaging educational delivery system.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a business or sales related discipline.
- Minimum five years of increasingly responsible experience managing a sales effort in the area of undergraduate/graduate student recruitment or intangible products or five years working in a university admissions office leading a team.
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and lead a sales team.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience handling employee relations matters.
- Experience with the hiring process is required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekends as required.
Direct: New student and if assigned, readmissions plans; School revenue; Employee staffing, training, development, satisfaction and retention.
Indirect: Student Persistence; School’s reputation.
ABILITY TO TRAVEL:
The individual must be able to travel locally, for community outreach, and out of the area to the corporate office or other offsite locations for a variety of conferences and meetings
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.Other details Job Family All Positions Pay Type Salary Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert