Records Center Technician (Part-Time)
- University of Missouri - Columbia
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 25, 2023
The Records Technician prepares requested materials for pick up or delivery by campus mail or personal delivery. This position is responsible for loading materials onto transport vehicle and making office deliveries. In addition, this position is responsible for:
- Following established schedules and optimum routes in records management delivery van
- Coordinating and personally conducting daily retrieval and receipt of information/materials for users following established work schedules
- Prioritizing daily assignments to optimize work completion, travel time, etc.
- Using computer program to manage inventory and maintain records storage information database
- Inspecting incoming materials to ensure departments are sending appropriate material, shelves & retrieves boxes, files, & individual records from Records Center facility following established safety procedures
- Processing outdated records for recycling; coordinating recycling pickups
- Following Records Center procedures for releasing materials to ensure proper authorizations are recorded & databases updated.
- Signing all confidentiality agreements and complete HIPAA training.
- Preparing and delivering records for confidential destruction as directed by department authorities.
- Operating a forklift and hydraulic pallet jack.
$15.50 per hour
Grade: GGS 5
University Title: OPERATIONS SUPPORT TECHNICIAN II
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
Flexible hours/days between 8 to 5, Monday to Friday. Up to 26 hours per week on average.
A high school diploma and at least 1 year of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
Ability to lift weights of 50-70 pounds.
Ability to climb ladders while carrying materials and boxes for storage/retrieval.
Ability to operate mechanical equipment, e.g. forklift and hydraulic pallet jack is necessary.
Possess or be able to get a valid Class E Driver’s License within 60 days and have the ability to operate a light to medium delivery vehicle.
Ability to operate office equipment, e.g., duplicating machine, calculator, computerized records inventory and office support software, or demonstrated ability to quickly and successfully learn to operate office systems used by the Records Center is necessary.
Resume, Cover Letter
This position is not eligible for University benefits. Individuals in non benefit eligible positions may choose to participate in the Tax Deferred Annuity Plan (403b). For information about this plan, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at 573-884-2577 .
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the Law English Version
- EEO is the Law Spanish Version
- EEO is the Law Chinese Version
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert