Clinical Teaching Faculty - FT/PT
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to
advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved
communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our
institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision.
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity
and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the
campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different
ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates
develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will
benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians,
health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a
“whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just
symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with
it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of
healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main
campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in
Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in
Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to
approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented
manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated
healthcare settings with other health professionals. At
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a
caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the
PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Clinical Teaching Faculty -
FT/PT position at the South Georgia campus with a highly qualified
and passionate individual.
Full- and/or Part-time Clinical Teaching Faculty
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - South
Job Title : Clinical Teaching Faculty
Department : Clinical Education
FLSA : Exempt
Location : South Georgia
Position Summary :
PCOM South Georgia is seeking to fill a full- and/or part-time
clinical teaching position with the expectation of teaching campus
lectures and skills laboratory sessions. The ideal candidate should
be detail focused and exhibit excellent follow-through, follow-up
and thoroughness of projects and tasks. Under the direction of the
chair of clinical education, the qualified candidate will
participate in clinical education to medical students, off-campus
in residency programs or with an online system as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the
● Participate in development and delivery of Patient Care Skills
course content and skills simulation exercises.
● Perform student assessment and feedback in Patient Care Skills
standardized patient experiences.
● Participate/develop active learning sessions as needed for
integration of clinical content.
● Develop and manage a lecture schedule with assigned clinical
medicine topics using primary source information.
● Collaborate with faculty on test question development and review,
curriculum development, learning objectives and lecture delivery;
and analyze the outcomes for years one through four of medical
● Participate/develop interprofessional education programming and
clinical reasoning in basic science cases.
● May participate in clinical lectures off-campus in residency
programs or with an online system as needed.
● Participation on various Committees as designated as
● Regular attendance at meetings as required.
● Serve as a student mentor/advisor in career planning, study
skills development, and board examination preparation.
● Collaborate with Associate Dean of Clinical Education regarding
clinical clerkship opportunities.
● Other duties as assigned.
Supplemental responsibilities/duties for DO licensed
● Applicants should possess an understanding of Osteopathic
Principles and Practice in medicine.
● Assist full-time OMM faculty as adjunct OMM table trainers (DO
candidates) as needs arise.
Position Requirements :
● Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
● Familiarity with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel software
as well as Learning Management Systems such as BlackBoard.
● Familiarity with video conferencing platforms such as Google
Meet, Zoom, and BlackBoard Collaborate.
● Candidates should have a minimum of a doctorate degree in a
related field (DO, MD).
● Five (5) years of recent and related clinical experience.
● A seasoned educator with experience in classroom teaching and
working with osteopathic medical students in a clinical
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
● Board certification in the candidate's field is desired.
● Active medical license in good standing.
Required documents for application consideration
● Curriculum vitae
● Letter of intent
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that
prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic
origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any
other legally protected class.