Executive Assistant - Mizzou Academy
- University of Missouri - Columbia
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 26, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Legal Affairs, Executive, Executive Directors
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Mizzou Academy is a K-12 school system housed in the University of Missouri’s College of Education. With over 200 courses across elementary, middle, and high school, Mizzou Academy cultivates excellent online and blended learning environments for over 7,000 students each year. We are industry leaders who value respect, transparency, and overall wellness. Our department has a thriving culture that provides a healthy, productive workplace for our team. As a forward-thinking organization, Mizzou Academy welcomes flexible schedules and remote work locations whenever possible.
This position will directly support the Executive Director and the administrative team by assisting with a variety of administrative tasks. Successful candidates will enjoy working as a dedicated team member and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Assistant: Directly assist the Executive Director. Maintain their calendar; set appointments; organize meetings, space, and supplies; and run various office errands and deliveries.
- Communication: Well-versed in professional emails and phone calls. Support the Executive Director in preparing school newsletters and various reports.
- Professionalism: Fluent in working with multiple and diverse stakeholders across departments. Serve as a representative of Mizzou Academy and the administrative team in different professional settings.
- Marketing and Social Media: Assist with managing social media platforms and various digital and printed materials.
- Events & Travel: Capable and efficient in managing travel arrangements. Assist in planning and adhering to a budget; communication; airfare; lodging; venues; food; swag; cleaning; travel preparations; restrictions and documentation; and delegate for travel expense reports, etc.
- Office: Serve as the main contact with building coordinator; order and maintain general office supplies; coordinate cleaning/upkeep; manage office and building access requests; arrange for office-paid parking tags; other similar duties
- Organization: Data, files, and information
- Projects: Ability to take on projects related to school leadership and organization with minimal oversight.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $17.43 - 24.82 per hour
GGS Grade: 008
University Title: Executive Assistant
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Some weekend and evening availability required as needed.
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary .
Previous experience with supporting educational administrators, working in a K-12 environment, and online or blended education education systems is preferred.
In addition to the online application, please submit a résumé, a cover letter, and a list of references.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at 573-884-2577 .
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the Law English Version
- EEO is the Law Spanish Version
- EEO is the Law Chinese Version
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert