- University of Missouri - Columbia
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 26, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Perform miscellaneous duties in the care and cleaning of university buildings: sweep floors with broom and dust mops, empty trash receptacles, clean trash cans, spot wash walls, dust furniture, clean windows, sweep and shovel snow from building entrances, clean drinking fountains, wash blackboard, replenish chalk and other related duties.
Clean assigned rooms, halls, entrances, stairways and elevators. May occasionally perform general housekeeping tasks requiring standing on stools, benches, stepladders or fixed furniture. Reasonable safety standards are to be observed in the performance of work above ground or floor level. May replace light bulbs. May wet-mop floors, prepare floors for waxing, apply wax and buff floors. Prepare rooms for meetings by setting up chairs, tables and necessary equipment; vacuum carpet, polish metal and order custodial supplies as needed.
May be assigned work in areas requiring special use of disinfectants, cleaning techniques and sanitation procedures (such as in hospital isolation rooms, operating rooms, recovery rooms and laboratories). Clean and stock restrooms continually through the day: wet-mop floors, clean and disinfect sinks, stools and commodes; clean and polish mirrors, wash walls and restock restrooms with supplies required. Perform miscellaneous duties such as making beds, collecting and distributing towels and linens, supplying rooms with soap, and drinking glasses and other similar items. Report breakages, damages, thefts and items in need of repair.
Salary: $15.50 Per hour
GGS Grade: C
University Title: CUSTODIAN II
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
Monday through Friday
A job offer for this position is contingent on passing a physical examination to determine if the candidate possesses the physical capabilities necessary to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and write.
- A valid driver’s license may be required for certain positions.
- One year of general maintenance and/or custodial experience preferred.
- Some knowledge of methods for cleaning equipment and buildings; mechanical ability for minor repair of equipment.
- Ability on a daily basis to:
- Visualize work area and determine what tasks need to be performed
- Bend, squat, reach, stretch, walk, stand, sit, grasp and twist repeatedly
- Climb stairs, step stools, and ladders; climb and descend stairwells
- Lift, carry, and set down objects of moderate weight (25-50 lbs.)
- Work may include one or more of the following:
- Working in areas of extreme temperatures
- Wearing a backpack vacuum for long periods of time
- Wearing protective mask and hearing protection devices
- Working around dust and cleaning chemicals
This position is not eligible for University benefits. Individuals in non benefit eligible positions may choose to participate in the Tax Deferred Annuity Plan (403b). For information about this plan, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure each person’s success. Contributions from individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
In your application materials, please discuss your experiences and expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of teaching, research and engagement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at 573-882-7976.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.
Know Your Rights
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- Know Your Rights English Version
- Know Your Rights Spanish Version
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert