CUSTODIAN II (Union Eligible)
- University of Missouri - Columbia
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 26, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Law & Legal Studies, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Facility Operations Student Auxiliary
In order to be considered as a Union Bidder for this position you must:
• complete ALL sections of the application
(including all work experience - incomplete applications will not be considered)
• complete six months of regular service at the University
• apply within the published, five-day posting period
• meet the minimum qualifications for the vacancy
Your qualifications for this position will be evaluated based on the information you provide on your job application (including all work experience - incomplete applications will NOT be considered). Once the job posting period is closed, there will be no opportunity to submit additional information regarding your qualifications. Therefore, you need to ensure that your application materials are complete when submitted.
UNION BID PERIOD: 1/19/23-1/25/23
Within assigned areas, maintain a clean and orderly area, in an efficient manner, using proper methods, equipment and procedures.
Mop, scrub, sweep and vacuum floors
Empty trash, clean and restock restrooms daily
Clean water fountains daily
Other duties as assigned
Salary Range: $14.09-$14.65 per hour
GGS Grade: C
University Title: CUSTODIAN II
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
Monday through Friday
A job offer for this position is contingent on passing a physical examination to determine if the candidate possesses the physical capabilities necessary to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and write.
- A valid driver’s license may be required for certain positions.
- One year of general maintenance and/or custodial experience preferred.
- Some knowledge of methods for cleaning equipment and buildings; mechanical ability for minor repair of equipment.
- Ability on a daily basis to:
- Visualize work area and determine what tasks need to be performed
- Bend, squat, reach, stretch, walk, stand, sit, grasp and twist repeatedly
- Climb stairs, step stools, and ladders; climb and descend stairwells
- Lift, carry, and set down objects of moderate weight (25-50 lbs.)
- Work may include one or more of the following:
- Working in areas of extreme temperatures
- Wearing a backpack vacuum for long periods of time
- Wearing protective mask and hearing protection devices
- Working around dust and cleaning chemicals
- Good physical coordination and mechanical aptitude sufficient to perform assigned duties.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at 573-884-2577.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the Law English Version
- EEO is the Law Spanish Version
- EEO is the Law Chinese Version
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert