Associate Director of Athletics
- Bergen Community College
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- The Associate Director of Athletics is responsible for
assisting the College intercollegiate athletics program and serves
as the Senior Woman Administrator. The Associate Director will
establish policies and procedures that support student academic
success, development, and the creation of quality, competitive
athletics teams. The Associate Director of Athletics ensures
compliance with applicable National Junior Collegiate Athletic
Association (NJCAA), Region XIX, Garden State Athletic
Conference(GSAC), and College rules and regulations. The Associate
Director of Athletics supports the administrative oversight of all
athletic programs, coaches and staff, department goal setting,
performance management, budgeting, and planning. This position
maintains team statistics, web and social media presence, and the
release of sports information.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as the Senior Woman Administrator for the Bergen Community College Athletic Program.
- Assists the intercollegiate athletics program, and supports student-athletes, coaches and staff within the program,
- Supports compliance with NJCAA, Region XIX, and GSAC rules and regulations governing eligibility. Coordinates with other administrative departments e.g., Admissions, IT, Registrar, and Financial Aid to verify compliance witll rules and regulations regarding student-athlete eligibility.
- Ensures student and staff development by modeling and teaching the ideals of sporting behavior and professionalism and holding people accountable during teachable moments.
- Maintains a philosophy that prioritizes academics and monitors student-athlete academic progress. Plans for and supports student-athlete academic interventions as needed and works with coaching staff to ensure student academic success.
- Provides support for compliance with NJCAA rules by training and setting guidelines and/or policies to team coaching staff and student-athletes.
- Develops strategies and initiatives in conjunction with institutional commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion to promote the value of it in intercollegiate athletics. Supports the compliance with the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) and Title IX regulations.
- Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Supports the student conduct process and manages, in conjunction with the Athletic Administration, student-athlete welfare and discipline issues.
- Supports equitable coordination of team schedules for practice and competition.
- Supports the coordination, oversight, and management of home athletic events including appropriate event support staff are onsite with sufficient supplies and equipment and ready to perform their duties.
- Acts as the supervisor on site for home athletic events,
- Collects and analyzes athletic department data and prepares reports as needed for administration.
- Promotes a positive image of the intercollegiate athletics program and the College by participating in community and professional organizations and representing the College, as a spokesperson for intercollegiate athletics, at professional meetings and on community committees.
- Collaborates with Public Relations to design, write, and oversee the production of printed promotional materials including catalogs, brochures, flyers, and program and media guides.
- Writes and edits promotional materials including press releases, newsletters, programs, and brochures; gathers, inputs, and compiles statistical information. Oversees maintenance of the athletics website ensuring that all content is accurate, current and consistent with approved style guidelines.
- Supports the planning, coordination, and management of special events and athletic banquets.
- Travels with athletic teams as needed; provides information to representatives of the opponent's sports information office about the team, including updating starting lineups.
- Manages sports information at all home games, including overseeing the statistics crew, live stream, and screening all public service announcements.
- Organizes and supervises photo sessions for all sports to provide head and shoulder photos of athletes and posed action shots; mails film clips of each week's games/matches to media covering succeeding games.
- Ensures website, templates, documentation, and all public communications comply with federal ADA regulations.
- Subject to senior administration review and final Board of Trustees approval, has the responsibility, power and authority to hire, fire, discipline and promote employees.
- Responsible for the administration and implementation of collective bargaining agreements, in a supervisor role to union members.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Annual Salary ranges from $80,000-$90,000.
- NJ Educators Health Plan with free Vision and Dental. NJ State Pension plan.
- 15 vacation days, 15 sick days, 4 personal days, 2 floating holidays, all designated holidays and 5 non-designated holidays a year. 3 Partial Sick Days.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities for staff and their family 6 months after hire.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
Experience: Five years' experience in athletic administration including supervision; community college experience preferred.
Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience within an athletic field.
Experience managing sports information including websites, statistics, and video/livestream technology.
Demonstrates understanding of the community college mission and practices a policy of inclusion.
Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population. Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office suite and other software that serves students and stakeholders. Demonstrated skills in Problem Solving, Interpersonal Skills, Team Building, People Management.
Exhibits strong skills in:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Use of Technology
- Developing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Ability to Plan, Organize and Report on Outcomes
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert