Assistant Professor – Management
- Community College of Rhode Island
- Rhode Island, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Business Administration, Management, Other Business & Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
About CCRI and the Role
Assistant Professor – Management
Business and Professional Studies
The Community College of Rhode Island is New England’s largest community college, and a nationally-recognized leader in catalyzing student success and achievement for recent high school graduates and returning adults alike.
We provide affordable, open access to higher education, and we deliver on our mission to offer all students the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth.
Diversity is our strength. We champion equity, and we celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff whose demographics are reflective of our diverse student body. To learn more about our employees’ values and what it means to work here, learn about our Guiding Principles here .
Posting Details > Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply for this position:
· Complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter and resume by the closing date.
· If attaching a resume complete with education history and/or employment history, please
disregard these sections within the online application.
· Please include the contact information for three (3) references within the application.
· Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
· Please note that all RI Council of Postsecondary Education employees (i.e., full- and part-time
faculty and non-classified employees) must be fully vaccinated and boosted when eligible. Learn
more about CCRI’s vaccination policy here .
Please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311 ( TTY : 401-825-2313) if you require assistance with the online application process.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to CCRI’s Title IX Coordinator at TitleIXCoordinator@ccri.edu
The Clery Act requires colleges and universities to report campus crime data, support victims of violence, and publicly outline the policies and procedures they have put into place to improve campus safety.
To teach courses required to earn an Associate Degree in Business Administration with a major concentration in Management (i.e., courses with BUSN prefixes).
Duties and Responsibilities
· To teach courses required to earn an Associate Degree in Business Administration with a major concentration in Management (i.e., courses with BUSN prefixes).
· Demonstrate commitment to the community college mission and its diverse student populations.
· Use technology to enhance instruction and communicate effectively with the campus community.
· Apply strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and a collaborative approach to working with students and colleagues.
· Use innovative instructional strategies that support student success and recognize diverse learning styles.
· Contribute to a dynamic teaching/learning environment requiring adaptability, creativity, and teamwork.
· Participate in departmental and college-wide activities, including committee work.
· Be willing to travel and teach at multi-campus locations as required by department needs.
· Be willing to be the advisor for CCRI’s DECA chapter, which requires out of state travel with students once a year or serve as advisor in other student related clubs and programs.
· To work on curriculum development in Management, with an initial focus on Project Management, Operations Management, and Supply Chain Management.
· Master’s degree or higher in a business related field required.
· Must be Masters or Doctorate degree qualified to teach courses in Management curriculums according to the standards of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs ( ACBSP ). The CCRI Department of Business Administration is accredited by the ACBSP . The standards for accreditation of Associate Degree Schools and Programs can be found on the ACBSP web site ( www.acbsp.org ) located at:
http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.acbsp.org/resource/collection/761E47F2-F635-4CCB-82CA-5B2F06BF121A/ACBSP_Standards_and_Criteria_-_Associate_Degree.pdf (located on page 19 titled “Criterion 5.2 Faculty Qualifications”) (or see attached document).
· At least three-years of college level teaching experience in Management required.
· At least five years’ work experience in the field of Management required.
· Proficiency in use of current instructional and computer technology required.
· Experience teaching courses in an online format or has interest in learning this technology.
· Experience using technology to enhance instruction, manage classroom administrative tasks and communicate effectively with the campus community.
· Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to working with students and colleagues.
Competencies and Desired Qualifications
· MBA preferred.
· Teaching experience in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, and/or Project Management preferred.
· Work experience in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, and/or Project Management preferred.
Salary commensurate with education and experience
Full-time employees enjoy an array of benefits, including:
• Comprehensive Health Benefits and Rewards for Wellness Incentives
• Paid Time Off
• Parental Leave
• In-State Tuition Waivers
• Legal Care Insurance
For a complete listing, visit: https://ccri.edu/hr/benefits/index.html
Collective Bargaining Unit
Position End Date
Work Schedule Information
Academic Year Schedule; Tenure Track Position
All Campuses - Initially the Warwick Campus
Civil Service List position
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Number of Vacancies
Application Open Date
Application Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications may not be accepted after the closing date.
Some roles will require finalists to provide official college transcripts and proof of COVID -19 vaccination and booster.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY : 401-825-2313.
CCRI is committed to ensuring the full participation of all applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you should require an accommodation during the application process, please notify the Department of Institutional Equity and Human Resources prior to the closing of the posting by calling (401) 825-2311.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the College’s commitment to excellence created by diversity and inclusivity.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to the College’s Title IX Coordinator at: TitleIXCoordinator@ccri.edu.
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available here:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree or higher in a business related
- * Do you have at least three-years of college level teaching
with experience in Management ?
- * Do you have at least five years’ work experience in the field
- * In order to improve CCRI's advertising strategy, please let
us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity. Please be
specific when using website or publication names (example:
LinkedIN, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert