- Kentucky State University
- Kentucky, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 27, 2023
- TITLE: Mentor Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Promising Youth Center for Excellence
EFFECTIVE DATE: Position will be Open until Filled
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Mentor Coordinator, a Full-Time position, will be responsible for recruiting youth and mentors, facilitating matches, and providing careful case-management of matches and data for a case load of 35 mentors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• The Mentor Coordinator of Community Based Mentoring will assist the Program Director with recruiting, interviewing and selecting mentors.
• Organize mentor training including cultural diversity training.
• Coordinate mentor activities.
• Coordinate matching mentors with youth.
• Facilitate monthly mentor meetings.
• Meet with staff from all target schools.
• Assess and evaluate youth progress with mentors.
• Involve family members of the youth in mentor projects.
• Develop materials for dissemination.
• Conduct on-going evaluation of the project.
Bachelor’s degree required, M.S degree in Social Work, Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related discipline preferred. Applicant should have completed a practicum experience in the human sciences area or have had at least two years of experience working with children and families. Must undergo and present a clean criminal record check.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Ability to manage daily tasks to achieve high quality results.
• High degree of interpersonal skills and communications including public speaking.
• Ability to communicate both written and orally.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervisions, but cooperatively with others and in coordination with the total program.
• Ability to make quick judgements and responsible decisions under pressure.
• Ability to organize and coordinate diverse work load within and outside the office.
• Ability to travel between Kentucky State University and service area locations to include: schools, organizations and participant residences.
• Knowledge of and experience with youth, familial cultural and composition.
• Knowledge and effective use of Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
• Exhibit professional and personable demeanor.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• Some work performed in community setting.
• None or very limited physical effort required.
• None or very limited exposure to physical risk.
KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical requirements listed in this job description represent the essential duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions listed do not necessarily include all activities that the individual may perform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert