Spring 2023 Student Technician
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Kentucky, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 26, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Residence Life
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Spring 2023 Student Technician
Eastern Kentucky University
Title: Spring 2023 Student Technician
Position Type: Student
Search Type: External - minimum 7 days
Department: 77R000 - University Housing
Division: 5R0000 - Student Success,Opportunity&Engage
Position Location: Richmond Campus
Driver Classification: Driver
Contact Person: Dave Scott
Job Summary/Basic Functions
EKU Housing & Residence Life fosters the development, engagement, and success of our residential community by providing an inclusive home that enhances the collegiate experience.
The Student Housing Technician serves as an integral component of the EKU Housing & Residence Life facilities maintenance operation. Working in a student residential facilities, the Student Housing Technician will:
- Work up to 20 hours/week during an academic semester and may
work up 29 hours/week depending on academic course load during
break periods. These hours will include some nights and weekends as
related to openings and closings of residence halls.
- Directly report to the Assistant Director for Facility
Operations or their designee.
- Uphold and follow EKU Housing & Residence Life department
mission, vision, and values.
- Follow university operational guidelines including but not
limited to COVID-19 procedures.
- Follow all safety guidelines and practices issued by the
university including fit testing for gear.
- Wear safety materials and gear as directed by the
- Assist with the upkeep and cleaning of departmental golf carts
- Assist with inventory and delivery of departmental stock and
- Relocate furniture and equipment.
- Input work requests to EKU Facilities Management, EKU
Information Technology and third party vendors as
- Complete a variety of work orders in a timely manner in many
areas of a residence hall including student rooms.
- Work with campus partners to address department needs and
- Assist with the maintenance of residence facility HVAC units by
cleaning units and changing filters on a regular basis.
- Conduct regular maintenance walks of buildings to assess
physical condition and maintenance needs.
- Assist with the development and implementation of special
projects related to departmental maintenance.
- Replace electrical outlet covers and switch covers.
- Replace room door fire pins.
- Conduct repairs on room furniture.
- Paint and repair walls and spaces in student housing
- Repair and replace carpet in student housing
- Replace and hang signage, stickers, decals, placards, labels,
etc. for the residence halls.
- Hang pictures and wall mounted equipment such as boards and
electronics as needed.
- Repair or replace wall fixtures including but not limited to
toilet paper holders, towel bars, towel racks, shelving assembly,
- Assist in departmental preparations for new student and
returning student move-in days.
- Attend all trainings and developments.
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team to complete
- Possess strong communication and organization
- Must able to lift 50 pounds overhead.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director for
Facility Operations or their designee.
- Must be enrolled at EKU for the Spring 2023 semester
- Prior experience in manual labor or maintenance
- Can work independently and as a member of a team
- 80% - Make basic repairs in student rooms. May include painting, replacing carpet, and moving furniture - (Essential)
- 10% - Assist with the development and implementation of special projects related to departmental maintenance. - (Essential)
- 5% - must be able to lift 50 pounds - (Essential)
- 5% - Must be eligible to drive university owned golf carts - (Essential)
Sponsorship: Visa sponsorship will be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending upon the needs of the unit, available sponsorship budget, and the qualifications of the candidate.
Eastern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of age (40 and over), race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, ethnicity, disability, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information in the admission to, or participation in, any educational program or activity (e.g., athletics, academics and housing) which it conducts or any employment policy or practice.
Background Check Statement
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background check.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.eku.edu/jobs/spring-2023-student-technician-richmond-campus-kentucky-united-states
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert