- University of Florida
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 26, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Other Executive
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job No: 525406
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department: 03030000 - EM-OFFICE OF REGISTRAR
Reporting directly to the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment Management, the University Registrar is a critical partner in advancing strategic priorities of the Division of Enrollment Management and the University of Florida. The Registrar provides strategic direction and leadership for a full range of policies and processes related to student academic records, data and security, enrollment policies and procedures, improvement of student systems, processes, and services in support of the University's academic mission. The ideal candidate will bring strategic and innovative leadership, vision, customer-service orientation, creativity, and technological skills to the Office of the University Registrar. Three Associate Registrar's report directly to the University Registrar. Essential responsibilities of the University Registrar include:
▪ Develop policy recommendations for consideration by the Vice President of Enrollment Management.
▪ Implement and interpret university-wide policy and regulations and state and federal directives.
▪ Administer university-wide policies and procedures within legislative statutes and state regulations in the student records area.
▪ Coordinate the seamless integration of the academic administrative process with technology to create an environment where faculty, administrators, and students can work together.
▪ Develop staff that can effectively serve the greater university community via outstanding customer service and broad understanding of business processes related to the office.
▪ Work closely with staff to perform the following administrative duties:
◦ recommend academic policy implementation, including the planning and development of procedures used in the registration process;
◦ determine academic program eligibility criteria;
◦ oversee record maintenance functions;
◦ provide data and materials to academic departments;
◦ administer the institutional confidentiality of records policy;
◦ contribute to the development of the academic calendar;
◦ disseminate academic information to students, faculty, deans, directors, and department chairs;
◦ evaluate systems requirements, both manual and automated.
▪ Responsible for developing and administering assigned budgets with the responsibility to see that monies are handled according to good management practices and institutional, state, and federal procedures and statutes.
Commensurate with education and experience
Master's degree in a relevant area of specialization and four years directly related professional work experience; or a bachelor's degree in a relevant area of specialization and six years directly related professional work experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following professional qualifications and personal characteristics:
▪ Knowledge of the application of complex student information systems and course registration, enrollment and student record-keeping policies and practices, along with the ability to be effective in a collaborative environment.
▪ Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to define objectives and innovatively identify alternatives and solutions.
▪ The ability to interpret data, identify trends, and anticipate the impact of proposals on policy and practice; demonstrated interest in continuously enhancing technical skills; ability to apply technical knowledge to support processes and complex functional problem solving.
▪ Creative and visionary thinker with the ability to formulate strategies to deliver results on long- and short-term goals.
▪ Record of supervising employees and building an effective team; Ability to empower staff to handle problems and create solutions; ability to develop, implement, and execute strategies through people by providing leadership, feedback, resources, and coaching; ability to develop talent for long-term success and model engagement and openness for shared ideas and teamwork.
▪ Demonstrated willingness to meet the evolving needs of the position and the office via problem solving, quality improvement, and exhibiting an open-minded attitude.
▪ Demonstrated commitment to and evidence of advancing principles of diversity, equity and inclusion within enrollment practices and across a campus in collaboration with senior leadership, academics and other partners.
▪ Record of building diversity within one's team and providing the space for differing voices to be heard and considered.
▪ Genuine interest in students and their well-being; skills, knowledge, and experience to provide student-focused services to a diverse population.
▪ Strong working knowledge of federal and state laws, in particular FERPA and mandates pertaining to enrollment and student records and to institutional compliance, including knowledge of best practices, current trends and issues in higher education pertaining to academic records.
▪ Experience supporting and removing barriers to student success.
▪ Engagement as a national leader and knowledge of national trends and current research and best practices in the field of registration and records.
▪ Bachelor's degree in a relevant area of specialization. Master's degree is preferred.
▪ 6+ years of progressive experience in a registrar's office at a large university that includes supervisory and budget experience.
High-energy, nimble, astute; forward-thinking, inclusive, resilient, and determined; values and demonstrates honesty, integrity, and transparency; possesses a realistic understanding of the challenges at hand combined with optimism and an eye to the possible; able to instill trust in others; thoughtful and demonstrates excellent judgment; open to new ideas and to sharing ideas with others; able to engage with others to work together to achieve goals. Has a sense of urgency and engagement; a strong moral compass; honesty and candor; a personal presence that is approachable, active, and engaged; genuine pleasure in interactions with students, faculty, and staff.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This recruitment is being handled by the search firm WittKieffer. Inquiries and nominations may be directed to WittKieffer consultants Lisa Meyer and Eleanor Vogelsang at UFRegistrar@wittkieffer.com. Candidates should provide a resume and a letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and requirements described in the Leadership Profile.
To apply, please visit the following website:
University of Florida - University Registrar (wittkieffer.com)
Health Assessment Required:
Special Instructions to Applicants
Health Assessment Required: $Health
Applications Close: $Closes
To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/525406/university-registrar
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. jeid-d1a064444520ff448ad75757d7005c55
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert