Analyst Programmer (Analyst/Programmer - Foundation), Administrative Computing
- California State University, San Bernardino
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 26, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Analyst Programmer (Analyst/Programmer - Foundation), Administrative Computing & User Experience (ACUx)
California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 523858
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Temporary, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology Job Summary:
Under direct supervision this position analyzes and develops systems and technology-based solutions to meet user needs including applications, databases, and related systems. Provides programming and systems support to Campus Admissions Offices and related departments such as Enrollment, Orientation and Coyote First STEP. In addition, provides world-class services and support to the University's Office of the Admissions and Student Recruiting and to meet their technical and functional needs.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Peoplesoft Technical and Functional Support - Consult with and provide programming, functional and systems support for all campus Admissions offices (Undergraduate, Graduate, International) and related departments (Orientation, Coyote First STEP, EOP) and other departments and units as assigned which includes, but is not limited to: requirements collection/specification, systems analysis, programming, modification to existing applications, developing new applications, communications, Web and electronic forms design and implementation. Provide input on technical challenges and business processes to increase efficiency.
- Develop queries in PeopleSoft for the purpose of enrollment reporting, enrollment management and business intelligence in support of numerous campus offices/departments.
- Cal State Apply/Liaison WebAdMIT Administration & Support — Provide technical and functional support for Cal State Apply application system. Manage associated PeopleSoft interfaces, integrations, processes and jobs (application downloading for all admissions offices, supplemental application information, new term & new cycle setup). CIA/Security implementer for Cal State Apply accounts.
- Review system and campus processes and develop reports, interfaces, and integrations as needed for PeopleSoft Admissions Module and Admissions CRM.
- Documentation — Develop process and workflow diagrams to document, define and evaluate business processes based on business requirements and best practices, and map against administrative software functionality. Document query/report & project work and submit production change requests. Develop specifications and review user requirements to ensure requirements are met and design user-friendly interfaces to systems, applications, processes and databases.
- Design reporting formats and train or assist staff in running reports utilizing a variety of software tools and custom applications.
- Participate in other areas as assigned in compliance with the classification standards.
- CRM Administration & Support — Administer CRM systems (Currently Campus Management Radius) under The Office of Admissions & Student Recruitment - As the campus CIA implementer for campus CRM, manage and create roles and access permissions for ASR staff, manage data integration programs and processes, and ensure data integrity of the CRM Database. Consult with individuals and departments to design and execute forms, processes and/or communications within the Campus CRM to benefit the department.
- Provide assistance & support for staff using Admissions CRM — create queries/filters and scheduled jobs, import prospect and applicant data, along with managing and updating content for the public-facing pages and forms (Application Forms, Inquiry Forms, Event Registration Forms). Work with vendor and account manager on technical support issues when necessary.
- CRM Communication Management — Design and deploy e-mail campaigns and communication plans. Execute communication campaigns on behalf of admissions offices and various other campus departments by request.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or business,
or equivalent training and applied
- Basic foundation of knowledge and skills in applications programming and systems analysis and related programming support functions is a prerequisite.
- Foundation knowledge and skills for the Analyst/Programmer, depending on the position assignment, may include working knowledge of a specific industry standard applications programming language and knowledge of standard systems analysis techniques.
- One year of professional experience programming and creating complex SQL queries (additional relevant academic work may be substituted for experience).
- Knowledge of relational database design and data warehouse concepts
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Query Manager
- Basic understanding of creating new process definitions and experience with or exposure to SQR programming within the PeopleSoft framework
- Basic understanding of data migration using PeopleSoft Data Mover
- Ability to independently identify and solve complex production problems
- Ability to identify and prioritize multiple competing deadlines
- Ability to work with outside systems integration
- Clear, positive, solution-oriented communication skills to translate user needs into effective technical solutions.
- Experience working in a university environment along with basic understanding of designing and building new records, menus, components, and pages using Application Designer within the PeopleSoft framework.
- Oracle Database programming experience - PL/SQL.
- Experience working with Higher-Education CRM systems, such as Hobson's/Campus Management/Anthology products.
- Experience with cloud-based integration platforms (IPaaS), such as Dell Boomi.
- Experience with data visualization applications, such as Tableau or Microsoft PowerBI.
Compensation and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,713 - $4,500 per month
Classification Salary Range: $3,713 - $7,149 per month
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Work status: Full-time/Non-Exempt/Temporary (up to one year with the possibility of further renewal)
Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends and evenings may be required.
The application deadline is: February 8, 2023
This is an 'On-Campus Only' Recruitment. Qualified applicants must be current employees of CSUSB.
Conditions of Employment:
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
CSUSB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who physically access campus facilities or programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes obtaining a COVID-19 booster dose, or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/11030468/latest.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. We welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. We will create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
California State University, San Bernardino is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, caste, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096) For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at CSUSB, please visit https://www.csusb.edu/human-resources/diversity-inclusion
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact the Employee & Labor Relations Coordinator by email at KFirstenberg@csusb.edu.
CSUSB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State San Bernardino Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.csusb.edu/clery-act
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert