Dean: School of STEM
- St. Thomas Aquinas College
- Sparkill, New York
- Salary information to be discussed
- Posted Date
- Jan 26, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Deans
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
St. Thomas Aquinas College, a liberal arts and sciences college with very strong pre-professional programs in the heart of the New York Metropolitan Area, invites applications for the position of Dean of the School of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Reporting directly to the Provost, the Dean is responsible for all of the academic activities of the School, including faculty, curricula, and strategic planning. The Dean should have a strong vision of the role of STEM in a contemporary college education, and a solid grasp of the current challenges faced by institutions of higher education in the United States. The Dean should be well-prepared to:
- Take the lead in the School’s response to academic and marketplace trends, especially in innovative programming and technological change.
- Establish a strong reputation for the School through planning for new facilities and program marketing.
- Enhance the School’s commitment to Career Preparation and Experiential Learning.
- Demonstrate commitment to school growth and outreach through such things as leadership of our STEM summer camps and interactions with the STEM Advisory Board.
- Work with the Institutional Advancement team on establishing a track record of fundraising to support the growth of the School.
- Recommend faculty for hiring, retention, promotion, and tenure.
- Coordinate evaluation and professional development of faculty in the School of STEM.
- Oversee program assessment and accreditation activities within the School of STEM.
- Improve enrollment and retention by working in concert with the Enrollment Management team.
- Promote a culture of faculty scholarship and model by example.
- Develop and maintain collaborative academic relationships internally and externally.
- Pursue professional development. Coordinate academic planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Work collaboratively with the Deans of the Schools of Business, Arts and Social Sciences, and Education and all levels of administration.
- Work supportively with and for students.
- Earned Doctorate in field offered within the School of STEM from an accredited institution.
- Proven record of administrative excellence and commitment to teaching and research.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with accreditation and program-level assessment strongly recommended.
- Experience at the level of Dean or higher is preferred.
Please send the following materials electronically to Dr. R. Murray, Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs, St. Thomas Aquinas College at email@example.com:
- A cover letter addressing the applicant’s credentials and experience as they relate to the position.
- Specific salary expectations.
- A personal philosophy statement about the value of a liberal arts and sciences education and the role of STEM within that context.
- Curriculum vitae. Names, addresses, and contact information for five professional references.
Application Deadline is February 24.
Start date: July 1, 2023
Apply for Dean: School of STEM
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert