Administrative Assistant II
- Georgia Southern University
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 25, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Administrative Assistant II
Job ID: 251913
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Statesboro Campus - Statesboro, GA
College of Business - Office of Development
Performs a variety of administrative and staff support duties for an office, department, college, or unit, which require a range of skills and a knowledge of the policies and procedures of the department, college and university as well as a high level of technical skill. Duties must be performed independently and may include secretarial, data entry, accounting, financial, print, library, and payroll. May provide direct administrative support to one or more employees at the level of associate director, department chair, assistant dean, registrar, or above.
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities for the unit; serves as a liaison with other departments and operating units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Posts, balances, monitors, and reconciles internal department/division monthly ledgers, budgets, and financial reporting system reports; may prepare drafts of budget planning documents; may manage petty cash disbursements and reconciliations.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents; develops and maintains data, and performs routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for supervisors, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements.
- Prepares or assists with the preparation of scheduled and/or ad hoc statistical and narrative reports; performs basic information gathering and analysis and/or forecasting, as specifically directed.
- Assists unit management and staff in problem-solving, project planning, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Leads and trains lower graded staff and/or student employees, as required.
- Requisitions supplies, printing, maintenance, and other services.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One (1) to three (3) years of related work experience
$18.41 per hour
This is a non-exempt position paid on a biweekly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
- Two (2) Professional References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
Apply Before Date
Open until filled
Application review may begin on November 21, 2022.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in an office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Position of Trust
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=251913&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert