International Student Services Coordinator
- Georgia Southern University
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 25, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
International Student Services Coordinator
Job ID: 251852
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Statesboro Campus - Statesboro, GA
Department of International Student Administration & Program Office
Serve as an International Student Advisor (ISA) and Designated School Official (DSO) for Georgia Southern's international student population on the Savannah and Statesboro campuses. The International Student Coordinator provides immigration and cultural assistance in support of international student immigration compliance, retention, and graduation. The International Student Coordinator ensures Student and Exchange Visitors Information System (SEVIS) compliance and implements student programs and workshops that promote the success and retention of international undergraduate and graduate students, adhering to best practices.
- Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) with SEVIS, advising and assisting international students on F-1 visa regulations and benefits, while maintaining SEVIS compliance
- Counsel and refer international students to University resources
- Assist with the I-20 process, communication, and support services for newly admitted international undergraduate and graduate students
- Work within (SEVIS) and Terra Dotta Software
- Advise students and university departments, presents options, and recommends solutions related to immigration status
- Coordinate international student programs and workshops that promote the success and retention of international students in collaboration with university partners.Monitor compliance with federal regulations and institutional policies to support student success, providing reports as needed
- Serve as a primary international student advocate/resource on the Statesboro Campus for enrolled international students
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience
- Master's Degree
- One or more years of experience as a DSO
- Familiarity with F-1 federal immigration regulations
- Experience with Banner and Terra Dotta software
- Intercultural communication skills
- Experience working with international students within higher education or comparable environment
This is a non-exempt position paid on a biweekly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Two (2) Professional References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
Apply Before Date
Open Until Filled
Application review may begin as early as November 21, 2022.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- Set up for events (i.e., serve food, lift chairs and tables)
- Standard + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=251852&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert