Mentorship Program Coordinator
- Germanna Community College
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 25, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Disabled Student Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Mentorship Program Coordinator
Work Location: Fredericksburg - 630
Hiring Range: $55,566-$69,457 Annually, plus full state benefits
Full Time or Part Time: Full Time
Germanna Community College is a public, open access institution of higher education in the Virginia Community College System. The College is a dynamic learning organization that serves as a Germanna regional leader and preferred partner where quality learning experiences enable students to participate effectively in the social, economic, political, intellectual, and cultural life of their communities. Germanna Community College is centrally located in Fredericksburg, VA between Washington D.C. and Richmond and between the Blue Ridge mountains and the Chesapeake Bay. Full of history, the area offers a community rich with diversity, the arts, technology, vineyards, hiking, canoeing/kayaking, and many other activities.
Germanna Community College is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and creative Mentorship Program Coordinator.
At Germanna, mentoring is a valued asset to students, staff, and faculty. The college-wide mentorship program is designed to assist students while working toward their academic and career goals and to support faculty and staff during new employee on-boarding. Mentoring allows students and employees to be cared for and supported. This position is committed to fostering student and employee success through mentoring as they explore future careers, network, plan for life at and after Germanna and develop essential job, communication, and leadership skills.
The Mentorship Program Coordinator oversees the development, implementation, and maintenance of college-wide mentoring programs, including matching volunteer mentors with students in a one-to-one and group mentoring relationships. The Mentorship Program Coordinator will also assist the department director with the coordination and matching of on-boarding buddies for faculty and staff. The Mentorship Program Coordinator oversees recruiting, screening, matching, monitoring, and all aspects of college-wide mentoring programs. The Mentorship Program Coordinator will work closely with staff, faculty, students, and community members. The Mentorship Program Coordinator will provide advising support for students in mentoring and summer bridge programs, as well as for other students during peak registration periods.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement standardized procedures for Germanna's college-wide mentorship program in alignment with researched best practices
- Establish and implement systems and processes for sustainable mentor/buddy and mentee recruitment
- Improve screening, matching and support processes for mentors and mentees
- Collaborate with faculty and staff members to expand mentoring to new student populations
- Meet with Great Expectations, Early College, Germanna M.E.N., Human Resources and other college faculty and staff to customize mentoring and on-boarding buddy activities
- Assist with the recruitment and training of mentors and on-boarding buddies
- Assist with the recruitment of mentees
- Work with the Director of Equity Advancement to create and design mentoring marketing materials
- Enhance and manage program marketing and awareness through the college website and social media
- Update and maintain mentor/buddy handbook, roster, and program forms
- Assist with providing new and supplemental mentor/buddy training
- Plan and execute recognition events (at least one per year)
- Develop monthly newsletter
- Establish and report metrics for program successes
Employees must be able to work strategically with diverse colleagues, students, and community members with a commitment to diversity as a learning outcome to be culturally respectful, professionally competent, and civically responsible.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values of Germanna Community College. We recognize our responsibility to create, maintain, and nurture an academic and social environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas. We are committed to being an inclusive community that respects all cultures, experiences, and abilities and that prepares individuals to thrive in a global society. An EEO/AA Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Germanna is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.Germanna is a federal contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for our job opportunities.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Johnathan Scheiterle by phone at 540-423-9056 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to see a copy of our Affirmative Action Plan please contact Barbara Hall by phone at 540-834-1067 or by email email@example.com.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in mentoring
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and work independently
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with diverse populations, youth as well as adults
- Customer service experience
- Strong skills with Microsoft office and Google Suite
- Ability to plan and host events
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a community college setting
- Experience in academic advising and student services
- Experience working with volunteer programs
- Ability to perform case management, involving program documentation, assessment, and reporting
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Posting Number: CLS1918P
Job Close Date: 2/9/2023
Open Until Filled:
To apply, visit https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/56841
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert