Assistant Professor, Management
- University of Hawaii at Hilo
- Hilo, Hawaii
- Commensurate with training and experience.
- Posted Date
- Jan 25, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Management, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Faculty Affairs
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
University of Hawaii at Hilo, College of Business & Economics, position number 84284, tenure-track, full time, general funds, 9-month appointment to begin approximately August 2023, pending position clearance and availability of funding.
- The primary responsibility is to conduct assigned undergraduate courses in International Business Management with secondary responsibilities for teaching other areas of interest within the Management (MGT) or Business (BUS) disciplines (such as Healthcare Management, Agribusiness, or Tourism). Serve on college and university committees. Engage in scholarly activities and creative endeavors which contribute to the academic mission of the University and may serve as academic advisor to students. Where appropriate, participate in curriculum development activities; independent study activities, and off-campus or online learning such as practicums and internships; and to render service to the professional or lay community which is relevant to the individual's academic specialty. Possible evening, weekend, and off-campus assignments, and distance learning assignments for courses taught via the Internet. Perform such other related tasks and duties as assigned.
- PhD in Business with a concentration in Management or related area (such as International Management, Cross-Cultural Management, or International Business) or a Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) with a concentration in Management or related area (such as International Management, Cross-Cultural Management, or International Business); degree in hand by August 2023. Evidence of excellence in teaching business undergraduates as the instructor on record. Evidence of a pipeline for scholarly activity within the Management discipline.
- Degree from an AACSB accredited institution. Evidence of service. Ability to teach multiple course formats (e.g., face-to-face, hybrid, online synchronous, online asynchronous). Experience working in international business management. Experience working with indigenous communities. Evidence of connections in local and/or international business. Experience in leadership. Demonstrated potential for interdisciplinary engagement (e.g., sustainability, economics, law). Demonstrated potential to facilitate connections with stakeholders around the Pacific and the world.
Salary: Commensurate with training and experience.
To Apply: For a complete description, application instructions and to apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hawaii.edu and search for #84284 or Assistant Professor, Management. Please be sure to review the full job posting before applying. Failure to submit all required documents shall deem an application to be incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Note: If you have not applied for a position before using NEOGOV, you will need to create an account.
Application Deadline: March 10, 2023
Inquiries: CoBE Office email@example.com
University of Hawai’i at Hilo is an EEO/AA Employer M/W/Disability/Veterans
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert