Biostatistician - Biostatistics
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 20, 2023
A Biostatistician position is available immediately in the Department of Biostatistics at Virginia Commonwealth University. The main focus will be analysis and interpretation of the 3D structure of the human genome (Hi-C data) and the development of biostatistical methods and bioinformatics tools for 3D genomics. Additional tasks include analysis/curation of alcohol use disorder (AUD) in human/animal models and comorbid traits data in humans. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who seeks a stimulating interdisciplinary work environment.
Required Education and Experience
- Training in bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Statistical Genetics, Computer Science, or related field
- Working knowledge of bioinformatics sequencing data analysis tools, integration, and interpretation of multi-omics data, including single-cell sequencing
- Proficiency in programming, data analysis and visualization using R/Bioconductor, familiarity with Linux command line and high-performance computing environments, version control with Git
- Must demonstrate strong personal initiative and the ability to work effectively as a part of a team
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in related field
- Experience with machine learning methods for genomics data analysis; experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow)
- Experience with at least one of Python/Jupyter, Matlab, C, Java
- A track record of publications in relevant peer-reviewed journals.
University job code: Scientist 1, RS
ORP Eligible: Yes
This is a restricted position with no set end date and continued employment is dependent upon project need, availability of funding, and performance.
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Medicine is a premier academic medical center located in the heart of Richmond. Accounting for almost half of VCU’s sponsored research, the School of Medicine is internationally recognized for patient care and education. All full-time university staff are eligible for our generous benefits package that includes choices for health,vision, and dental coverage, life-insurance, short and long-term disability coverage, retirement planning, tax-deferred annuity and cash match programs, flexible spending accounts, tuition benefits, significant paid-time off,12 paid holidays, and more. Explore our benefits further here: https://hr.vcu.edu/current-employees/benefits/university-and-academic-professional-benefits/
The School of Medicine continuously strives for our workplace and learning environment to reflect the demographic and social milieu of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: Up to $55,000
Department: Department of Biostatistics
Employment Type: UF - University Employee FT
Restricted Status: Yes
Exemption Status: Exempt
Contact Name: Carrie Boyd
Contact Email: email@example.com
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert