Student Advisor - Phoenix (On Campus Position)
- Alliant International University
- Arizona, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 21, 2023
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
Under the general direction of the Student Advising Manager (for the teaching credential program), the Student Advisor will work to ensure the academic student success of Alliant’s student population enrolled in Alliant's Online degree or certificate programs. The SA performs a variety of academic advising and student service functions, including student outreach, course registration, degree audits, tuition payments and financial aid assistance.
The successful candidate must be able to organize and plan work and be capable of handling multiple assignments; prioritizing them in a constantly changing work environment. This position requires multi-tasking abilities, exceptional interpersonal/cross-cultural communication skills, the ability to complete tasks with accuracy and meet deadlines and take the initiative and demonstrate the ability to effectively problem-solve.
The Student Advisor will be responsible for monitoring the progression of students from admission to commencement. They will ensure open lines of communication with campus departments to proactively resolve student issues and provide exceptional customer service. The SA handles sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, discretion and judgment; and must exhibit a high level of professionalism.
Starting Salary: $50,000
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to track academic progression through Campus Nexxus or equivalent databases
- Uses independent judgement to monitor students’ academic success through ongoing outreach, advising meetings, and data analysis.
- Assists with registration, degree audits, transfer evaluation, advancement to candidacy, etc.
- Reviews academic progress of assigned students and works to develop individualized success plans.
- Assists students with tuition payments, financial aid resources, etc. Support includes pro-active outreach and communication with students, including monitoring the non-financially cleared (NFC) list and attendance.
- Supports New Student Orientation and Commencement.
- Maintains student records to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data.
- Provide an exceptional student experience to all students throughout the student life cycle.
- Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or directed.
- Proficient computer skills, in particular with Microsoft Office Suite, Campus Nexxus Student, Salesforce/Starfish or other CRM software.
- Excellent customer-service skills, including sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse background.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player; highly motivated, focused and results oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines and maintain composure under high stress conditions.
- Ability to be optimistic, positive and supportive in all interactions with others.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university. Master’s Degree in College Student Personnel services preferred.
- Experience: Two (2) years of professional experience in a post-secondary institution preferred. Student advising and/or student services for nursing programs is preferred, but not required.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: None.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants . This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 85021
Job ID: 256100
Date: Mar 20, 2023
Phoenix, AZ, US, 85021
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert