The Department of Student Success in the Student Affairs Division of Oregon Tech is accepting applications for the role of TriO Director of Tech Opportunities Program (TOP).
The TriO Director manages the strategic development, implementation and execution of new and existing student support services within the Tech Opportunities Program (TOP) – an Oregon Tech’s federally funded TRiO program. TOP is designed to support academic success of first-generation students, low-income students and/or students with disabilities who demonstrate an academic need. The mission of TOP is to significantly increase students’ achievement, retention and graduation rates.
The Director is responsible for implementing the program’s Plan of Operation and monitoring the program’s performance as stated in the grant. The Director is also responsible for compliance with the federal grant requirements and regulations.
The Director works closely with Disability Services (DS), Career Services, and other campus departments to provide information and outreach to prospective students, parents, other educational and rehabilitative entities. Additionally, the Director provides training and consultation for university students, faculty, and staff on matters related to support services and retention of underrepresented students, particularly those participating in the TOP program. Furthermore, the Director conducts program evaluations and service modifications for TOP to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the programs. Finally, The Director ensures that services are provided in keeping with ethical and legal standards, including the maintenance of confidential student records, adherence to grant regulations, and the best practices for similar TRiO program.
Tech Opportunities Program (TOP) is Oregon Tech’s TRiO program funded through a federal grant. Top serves qualifying students to support academic success, utilize campus resources, and engage in campus life.
- Budgeting, supervision and program management experience
- Prior involvement with academic and student affairs divisions in higher education
- Knowledge of student populations served by TRiO
- Knowledge of appropriate academic, programmatic and service accommodations for students with disabilities
- Exceptional organizational, communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in grant writing and grant management
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and interpretation
- Experience in overcoming barriers similar to those faced by students served by TRiO programs
- Master’s degree in Student Personnel, Education, Counseling, or related area
- At least two years of experience in higher education, teaching, or related areas
- At least one year of experience designing, managing, or implementing academic support programs for disadvantaged students
- Ability to effectively and respectfully work, communicate, and collaborate in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Initial review of applications will begin on February 20, 2023. Applications will continue to be accepted after the initial review date until a sufficient applicant pool has been achieved or the position is filled. Therefore, at the discretion of the University, materials received after the initial review date may not receive full consideration.
To apply, upload the following elements to your application:
1. A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position
2. A resume/curriculum vitae
Oregon Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring, or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion or creed, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis in law.
Oregon Tech is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Office of Human Resources.
To peruse other employment opportunities at Oregon's premiere polytechnic university, visit the Oregon Tech Job Board: https://jobs.oit.edu
Oregon Tech proudly offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees; to learn more about the comprehensive offering of benefits visit: https://www.oit.edu/human-resources/benefits