Research Associate - Technical Assistance Focus
- RMC Research Corporation
- Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, or Remote Location
- Posted Date
- Jan 23, 2023
- Position Type
- Jobs Outside Academe
- Employment Type
- Full Time
RMC Research is seeking a full-time Research Associate to join our team. The position requires contributing to and leading the design and implementation of technical assistance and professional development projects, including regional comprehensive centers and regional educational laboratories; writing and presentation for various audiences; contributing to proposals; managing client relationships; data collection, organization, and analysis; and engaging in other activities to support the business base of the organization.
- Provides technical assistance to educational leaders in content areas and processes for successful implementation of evidence-based practices to improve educator and student outcomes at the state, regional, local, and school levels.
- Conducts needs-sensing with education stakeholders to conceptualize and design technical assistance projects that address local problems of practice.
- Understands and applies adult learning research and theory to the design and delivery of technical assistance activities.
- Contributes to new business development as needed.
Professional Development and Product Development
- Collaborates on developing products and resources such as educational professional development modules and state/district plans and frameworks.
- Provides professional development in the areas of school improvement, equity/diversity, English language acquisition, and/or related areas.
- Understands adult learning and applies appropriate strategies to professional development delivery and product development.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Identifies or designs appropriate data collection tools in collaboration with RMC researchers and evaluators (e.g., surveys, interview protocols, observation protocols, knowledge assessments).
- Participates in site visits involving multiple data collection methods.
Writing and Presentation
- Conceptualizes and develops meeting materials, presentations, blogs, white papers, and literature/evidence reviews and papers, for various audiences.
- As appropriate, translates work into articles for, policy briefs, conference presentations, infographics, blogs, social media, and other venues.
- Participates in professional growth opportunities that increase awareness, knowledge, and skills relevant to the job and shares knowledge with colleagues.
Your Skills, Education, and Previous Experience
- Advanced degree (Doctorate preferred) in education, social sciences, public policy and/or related area.
- Previous experience designing and delivering technical assistance on PK-12 education issues.
- Previous work on or familiarity with the Regional Comprehensive Center program, Regional Educational Laboratory program, the What Works Clearinghouse, and Evidence for ESSA (preferred).
- Deep knowledge of and expertise in education issues related to school and district improvement, equity/diversity, English language acquisition, and other related topics.
- Track record of securing contracts, grants, or cooperative agreements (preferred).
- Ability to manage complex projects and supervise staff (preferred).
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and client communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with colleagues to complete challenging tasks.
Starting annual salary range is $80,000 to $120,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications. Based on previous experience providing technical assistance, participating and/or leading proposal/business development, and performance at the Research Associate level, this position is eligible for promotion to Senior Research Associate after one year. RMC Research Corporation’s comprehensive benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage; Flexible Spending Account; life and long-term disability insurance; long-term care insurance; additional voluntary critical illness and accident coverages; 9 paid holidays and 2-week vacation leave (progressive accruals); sick leave accrual; extended sick leave account; maternity/short-term disability leave; bereavement and family leave; 401K retirement plan; pretax commuter benefit program; honoraria for publication; and other benefits as described in the employee handbook.
RMC is a privately owned corporation that provides technical assistance, program evaluation, and applied research services to assist local, state, and federal agencies; philanthropic foundations; and social service organizations improve the lives of their constituents. We provide a full range of research and evaluation, professional development, consulting, technical assistance, and product development services addressing all levels of education from early childhood through educator preparation, in schools, districts, universities, and communities. RMC employs dedicated staff who strive to provide high-quality services that are responsive to our clients’ needs.
Drug Free Workplace/Equal Opportunity Employer
RMC is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RMC recognizes the important contribution that a diverse staff offers to all aspects of our work, including office culture, and strongly encourages applications from people of color.
Preferred location in Alabama, Florida, or Mississippi. Current work assignments are primarily in the southeast region of the United States with RMC’s Tampa, FL office. A remote work arrangement within the three state region and/or location outside the three state region will be considered.
As soon after hire as possible.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert